Job Title Financial Managers & Controllers
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, creating career opportunities for thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive General Manager Commercial, the Head of Commercial Finance is responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of the commercial group's financial processes. It contributes to the ongoing viability of non-aeronautical commercial activities by driving improvements in business activities, overseeing the preparation of detailed investment feasibilities, and overseeing the administration of commercial contract negotiations and tenancy arrangements.
The key to success in this role includes the implementation of strategies to maximise commercial returns, management of expenditures within approved budgets and timely delivery of all budgeting, planning and financial reporting functions. This role also requires strong leadership of a diverse team to support the Finance function within the Commercial team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee financial reporting and business processes focusing on improving and streamlining activities to ensure greater efficiencies and commercial returns are achieved.
- Assist and actively participate in developing a strategic business plan for the group incorporating financial, budget and statistical analysis and action plans
- Analyse and present commercial effects of Division business decisions (with emphasis on financial analysis), providing recommendations.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the EGM of Commercial and CFO to ensure consistency and transparency in the financial management of commercial returns.
- Oversee the Lease Administration team to ensure commercial lease processes are effectively carried out in a timely manner, and ensuring governance is in line with BAC policy.
- Foster and maintain communication and collaborative partnerships with internal departments, customers, consultants, and other stakeholders to facilitate the achievement of business priorities.
- Analyse organisational data and processes, identifying and researching innovative solutions, to make recommendations to management on improvements in commercial performance.
Experience and Qualifications
- High level ability to engage and build collaborative relationships with varied stakeholder groups.
- Current CPA or CA registration.
- Strong focus on business process improvements in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a section or medium business unit.
- Experience in high level financial modelling and analysis.
- Ability to understand, analyse and critically evaluate key business and economic drivers and challenges.
- An understanding of Property Valuation practices and methodology
- Prior commercial lease negotiation experience
- Experience in a medium to large commercial business environment
Knowledge and Technical Proficiency
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel and intermediate skills in other typical Microsoft packages (Word and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and experience in the full breadth of financial management and administration functions (such as preparation of profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and forecasts, financial modelling, business planning, Investment feasibilities, financial reporting, accounting standards, credit control, treasury, asset management) commensurate with ten years accounting experience.
Brisbane Airport Corporation appreciates the value in a diverse workforce and is committed to actively seeking to accommodate the unique needs of all individuals. We are committed to building a workforce that respects, celebrates, and empowers all individual differences. Above all, Brisbane Airport Corporation aims to ensure everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Our key values are reflected throughout the organisation, demonstrating Care, Communication, Collaboration and Courage at all times.
This role will you give the opportunity to utilise your skills, experience, and enthusiasm to help continue BAC's growth and be a part of successfully managing the Commercial Finance function within the Commercial Group.
If you believe you have the expertise within the Airport industry and passion to succeed in this role, please apply now with your CV and a short covering letter outlining your suitability.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal at any time.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.