Job Title Analysis & Reporting
- Permanent opportunity to be part of the External Reporting Team
- Based in Adelaide
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join the External Reporting team on a permanent basis. Working as part of a close-knit team responsible for managing the Group consolidation, you will play an active role in driving continuous improvement of end-to-end processes, and ensure key transactions are correctly captured whilst maintaining integrity and confidence in the numbers. The role offers exposure to a breadth of accounting transactions and issues, and the opportunity to collaborate with multiple teams across the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Month-end consolidation of the Group result
- Ongoing management of the Group consolidation tool and reporting structures
- Accounting for equity transactions
- Accounting for key transactions (acquisitions, divestments, equity transactions and financing initiatives)
- Support the Group’s half-year and annual accounts process, including preparation of the Group consolidation, Group Cash Flow and financial statement analysis
- Key contributor in driving continuous improvement in the external reporting end to end processes, and implementation of new accounting standards
- Management of key stakeholders within Finance Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Planning, Treasury and Business Unit finance teams
- Preparation and review of reconciliations and other governance processes
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Relevant financial/accounting degree and professional qualifications CA/CPA
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or large ASX listed business highly desirable
- Strong technical accounting skills including familiarity with Australian Accounting Standards and ability to interpret accounting and reporting requirements
- Experience in supporting financial systems and advanced Excel Skills (BPC, Hyperion/HFM and SAP an advantage)
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn [link removed] or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.