Job Title Engineering - Network
Category Computer Occupations, All Other
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the role
The Senior Unified Communications Engineer is responsible for providing onsite and offsite IP voice/UC support for our clients' environment. You are expected to provide exceptional levels of service and assistance to rectify and solve issues as they are reported. This will be achieved by your ability to work across variety of teams to provide high-level technical support for unified communications systems, including an ability to create and maintain network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards.
What you will do
The core objectives and responsibilities of the Senior Unified Communications Engineer include:
- Support customer IP voice/UC environment/s
- Establish and nurture relationships with appropriate staff both within Datacom and our clients
- Provide guidance and technical leadership to more junior staff
- Perform reporting duties
- Liaise with Professional services and Sales Teams
- You'll have the opportunity to continue developing your expertise in working with technologies including Cisco Call Manager, UCCX, Unified IM & Presence, Cisco CMS, Cisco VCS-C, VCS-E and Jabber.
- You will have the opportunity to be exposed to the latest in technology and to continue learning as we introduce new services and products for our clients.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you must have a broad and comprehensive knowledge of Unified Communications Infrastructure including demonstrated skills and experience in:
- Engineering and administration of route and switch networks, as well as Cisco IP Voice and Unified Communications products
- Contributing to continuous improvement of processes and strategies that identify and help implement tools for increased customer service and reduced management overheads
- Providing technical solutions through project delivery and design teams to contribute continuous improvement of designing technical solutions to meet operational needs
- As a minimum, you will be CCNP Collaboration (or equivalent) qualified and will have had hands-on experience in Switching, Routing, IP Voice and Unified Communications products
- In additional to your technical expertise, you will be a strong team player and an open and effective communicator with the ability to work autonomously and contribute to overall team outcomes. The nature of this role will suit a person who works with a sense of urgency and has a proactive work ethic.
This role will be supporting our Federal Government clients and therefore to be successful in this role it is compulsory that you are an Australian Citizen and you must be eligible to pass an Australian Government Security Clearance. Candidates with current NV1, NV2 or OSA will be preferred.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia's largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.