Job Title Security
Category Computer Occupations, All Other
The Department of Customer Service is looking for a Cyber Security Awareness & Training Specialist to join our growing team!
- Collaborative & passionate team!
- Fantastic ongoing clerk grade 9/10 Opportunity.
- Salary range: $113,343- $124,901 + super, commensurate with experience.
- Embrace flexible working - talk to us about what flexibility could look like for you.
- Work from your home office in Sydney Metro or our state-of-the-art offices in Sydney and Parramatta.
- Excellent career development and learning development opportunities.
DCS is transforming the way NSW Government agencies interact with customers. We are passionate about putting the customer at the centre of everything we do and adopting new technologies to make government work better.
DCS is a service provider and regulator, focusing on delivering first-class customer service, digital transformation and regulatory reform to create better outcomes for the people of NSW.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a newly created role within our Chief Information Security Office. This role within the Security Awareness team is the key driver in the development and implementation of cyber security awareness campaigns across the DCS cluster. The team's main purpose is to ensure that all agencies and divisions within the DCS cluster are appropriately educated and aware of cyber issues and risks and to ensure compliance against DCS and Cyber Security NSW policies.
Understand more about the Department of Customer Service - here.
Your responsibilities will include
- Using strategic thinking to shape the DCS approach to cyber security awareness, training and education
- Review and deliver cyber security training modules and tailored cyber security awareness campaigns
- Assist with the design and delivery of DCS cyber security exercises - both functional and discussion-based simulations.
- Participation in working groups, provision of briefing notes and other reporting to governance groups
- Undertaking research and collating information for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Staying abreast of emerging issues, risks and opportunities impacting cyber security within Government and provide timely and relevant advice to the Manager on emerging topics or issues
- Effectively articulate the cyber risk and threat landscape to the business using various communication channels both internally and externally.
- Influence the implementation of fundamental security enhancing behaviours
For more information on the role and its accountabilities, click here to view the role description.
- Passion for developing and leading meaningful security awareness training
- A creative thinker who develops impactful content and comes up with great ideas on the best ways to reach people.
- An ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge on ICT, cyber security and cyber risk trends
- Ability to create and drive targeted security awareness training for all staff.
- Developing reporting / metrics and communicating this to the appropriate forums.
- Strong stakeholder communication and coordination skills, in forums such as working groups, committee meetings, and stakeholder consultations
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and working together with technical teams and communications teams to ensure appropriate awareness training is delivered to all staff.
- Qualifications, certifications or experience relevant to cyber security will be highly regarded.
If you want to be part of this forward thinking, innovative team that thrive in challenging the status quo, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: Thursday 16th September [at 9.59am]
What we need from you
To start your journey towards becoming our Cyber Security Awareness & Training Specialist, please click on the link below and attach your resume (max 5 pages) and cover letter (max 2 pages).
In your cover letter please share your motivation for applying for this position and your relevant skills.
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment process to fill future ongoing and temporary opportunities.
For any enquiries regarding this role, please contact Tom Hanbury, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Flexibility
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and new ways of working.
The Department of Customer Service serves all the people of NSW and we want to reflect that diversity in our people. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, carers, refugees, people in regional NSW and people of all ages. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where all our people can bring their authentic selves to work without judgement.
We understand that there are different ways of getting the job done and offer flexible working arrangements where and when possible.
If you do require an ability adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.