Job Title Database Development & Administration
Category Computer Occupations, All Other
Data Governance Analyst
Type: Full-Time, 12 Month Contract
AMP Life is proudly owned by the Resolution Life Group, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of in-force life insurance policies.
AMP Life is an in-force specialist life insurer in Australia and New Zealand, providing existing customers with life insurance, super and investments and with assets of $29 billion and 1.2 million customers.
To deliver on our promise of being a customer-obsessed, data-driven business, we need to be more nimble, efficient, collaborative, and iterative. With the global experience and scale of Resolution Life, combined with the local knowledge and experience we have in the Australian and New Zealand markets, we’ve learnt what matters most to our customers.
We are committed to providing AMP Life customers with competitive premiums, quality investment management, great customer service and efficient claims management. To support this, Resolution Life globally made the exciting decision to move to an Enterprise Agile way of working.
How You Can Impact Our Business:
Working in the Data Standards and Enablement team within the Data and Analytics CoE and reporting to the Chapter Lead of Data Governance and Architecture, this role will be responsible for delivering data governance initiatives working with business and technology to implement data governance initiatives that embed data governance into the enterprise and delivers practical outcomes and improvements in data management for the business.
We are looking for a Data Governance Analyst with business savvy and a practical understanding of information management principles to facilitate the implementation of a data governance operating model into the business. You will help set up and roll out data processes with different business areas, maintain effective governance, data stewardship and quality assurance. To enable AMP Life’s data driven, digital business strategy there need to be people and processes in place to uplift the information management capability across the business.\n
You Will Enhance Us & Our Capabilities By:\n
• Educating the business on key Data Governance functions and foster a culture of accountability across the business to maintain the enterprise’s data assets.
• Providing guidance on Data Governance best practices by supporting Data Stewards in the business.
• Developing and training Data Stewards and Owners to support them in their data domain.
• Working with Data Governance working groups and relevant data stewards and owners, to ensure they are effective in delivering data governance functions in managing critical data elements of the organisation.
• Developing information management KPIs to measure operational success of enterprise data management and formalise stewardship functions in the business.
• Implementing processes to manage data exposure risk, compliance breaches and data incidents.
• Working closely with Risk, Privacy and Cyber teams to identify & assess data risks associated with data and data usage across relevant data domains.
• Ensuring established data frameworks follow privacy and regulatory requirements.
• Developing and supporting adherence to Data Governance principles, policies and standards to ensure compliance to organisation-wide data governance best practices.
In addition, you will have;\n
• Experience in the Insurance or Financial services industry is desirable
• Experience developing and delivering data governance training and business change
• Experience in implementing data governance practices and processes into the business to enable business glossaries, data catalogues, data lineage, metadata management, and data quality
• Strong communication and influencing skills at a senior level to embed ownership of Data Governance into the business and enable a data driven culture
• Ability to translate complex data management concepts to be understood by the business
• Experience in applying regulatory requirements such as CPS 234, CPS 220 and CPG235 across data governance practices
• Exposure to Data Governance tools and management of critical data elements e.g. Informatica will be beneficial
• Ability to think analytically and solve complex data governance problems
What Will We Do For You:
We offer a competitive salary and an extensive range of benefits, including:
• Entertainment and Retail Discounts
• Family & Community Support
• Health & Wellbeing Incentives
• Wealth & Security Advice
We are ready to accept your application
Click Apply to submit your application. Before commencing employment in this role you will need to provide two references, full working rights and complete police and credit checks through an online provider.
As an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to working in a diverse and inclusive workforce you will be provided with any support or accessibility requirements throughout your interview process. We offer flexible work arrangements across a number of working patterns both office based with a solid COVID safe strategy and virtual.