Job Title Database Development & Administration
Category Computer Occupations, All Other
Arhure Consulting has been engaged to deliver a Digital Transformation Program of works by an industry leader in providing intelligent positioning solutions for mining, surveying, civil works, and building activities. The goal of the program is to transform and improve business processes across Finance, Supply Chain, Rental, Subscription, Sales, Customer Service and Field Service. The scope of work includes implementation of Dynamics 365 Finance, Supply Chain, Field Service Sales and Customer Service.
As a Data Migration Specialist, you will report to the Project Manager and interact with Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Technology Partners, Developers, SCRUM Master, Test Manager and Business Analyst to deliver the transformation from a data perspective.
At Arhure, our services help bring immediate value to our customers, and makes a direct impact on how businesses and people work day-to-day. Here, you'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that focusses on delivering outcomes with agility.
- Build Data Design and Data Migration Strategy defining the methodology and approach of migration to Dynamics 365 from various legacy system.
- Develop, maintain, and manage the data migration plan, prepare, and execute data migrations for the scope of the project.
- Lead data migration for SIT, SAT, parallel run, Trial Migrations, Cut Over Rehearsals and production migrations.
- Execute data extraction and cleansing efforts in coordination with the SMEs and based on the business processes and apply the data cleansing approach needed to perform the clean-up of legacy data.
- Collaborate with technical architects, application designers and developers to understand the data conversion requirements and to design the conversion procedures and systems.
- Create source to target mappings, understand & document complex transformation rules and identify data granularity and map fields to target application.
- Prioritize key deliverables and take full accountability for the overall success of the Data Migration.
- Workshop with product Owners and SMEs for data mapping and data cleansing.
- Transform the cleansed data to future state data templates
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, keeping stakeholders informed of data migration progress.
- Design, implement and execute data migration reconciliation reports.
- Support UAT testing and functional testing of migrated data.
- Lead the validation of data loaded into the new System and communicate with the project team to ensure data anomalies are identified and resolved
- Collaborate with SI to successfully deliver on shared objectives
- Take responsibility for timely identification and escalation of risks and development of alternative technical and functional approaches where necessary.
- Accurate and actionable reporting on data migration progress to project Steering Committee.
What we’re looking for:
- Prior experience with Data Migration in Finance and Supply Chain Projects.
- Proven experience as a Data Migration Specialist, with strong SQL expertise is highly regarded.
- Hands-on experience with extract, cleanse, transform and load activities.
- Ability to conduct basic data modelling for business intelligence
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis on multi system data convergence and migration projects including gathering and documenting data requirements, data migration business rules and development of complex data maps.
- Proven skills in data migration activities within a complex project environment, including experience with data migration staging and ETL processes.
- Ability to create and maintain Trial Migration Run Sheet and report on trial migration outcomes.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to operate within a team, as well as work independently.
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain will be highly regarded
Spark your interest?
To find out more about this exciting and challenging role please apply by attaching your resume. Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Flexible work from home arrangements. Contract or permanent fixed term role.