Job Title Engineering - Software
Category Computer Occupations, All Other
Woolworths IT is currently in an exciting period of transformation and growth. Among Australia’s earliest adopters of the Google platform and agile methodologies, we are now investing in future-focused IT solutions for our stores and customers - and we need the best and brightest in technology to help us pave the way.
You are an energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate Platform Engineer skilled in working in a distributed application server environments. You will be involved in supporting and improving Java based applications on Window server environments and have a strong understanding of database servers and how they operate. Understanding of networks, communication protocols and web protocols will be second nature to you. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and be responsible for supporting and managing the deployments of applications through environments and supporting the application in production. Having a development background will be advantageous with java and nodejs, and an automation mindset using devops tools and scripting will be a large part of your day. This position will provide opportunities to influence the team to use best of breed practices in an organisation that has a strong track record of delivering excellence to their customers.
Experience in payment systems and high compliance environments will be highly regarded.
Responsibilities Would Include
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure initiatives are delivered as required from stakeholders. Ensure solutions meet technology standards in terms of availability, security, resilience, and performance
- Work with team members to ensure that Sprint goals are executed to the right quality levels.
- Build, support and improve the level of engineering to deliver, and continuously improve our technology implementation.
- Ensure strict adherence to compliance objectives
- Automation mindset to suggest, design, implement and monitor technology solutions
What you bring with you:
You are a technologist at heart, have a growth mindset and always push yourself and the Team to learn more, to refine the way we work and pursue excellence. You have an engineering mindset - you embrace challenges with a very solution focused approach, you can brainstorm solutions and advocate for an approach by communicating effectively. You are a very strong collaborator and always bring your best self. It’s never about you, it’s always about the Team. You know how to put the Team’s results first and understand the importance of Team Dynamics in the pursuit of the overall Team’s success.
- Some Other Experiences Would Include
- 4 years professional experience as an engineer with relevant technologies
- Experience in large-scale, high-volume development projects with complex requirements
- Agile software delivery experience
- Exceptional communication & problem solving skills, a solution-focused approach
- A strong communicator, capable of clearly articulating the demand generation vision & strategy as well as implementation guidance
- Extremely collaborative and used to working with multiple other teams to achieve target outcomes
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.
You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn [link removed] or via www.wowcareers.com.au #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.