Job Title Engineering - Network
Category Computer Occupations, All Other
Specialist - Global Network Optimisation
- Join a dynamic growing team and be part of implementing Rio Tinto’s digital strategy
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- This new role will expose you to exciting technology and challenge the way you work
- Permanent role based in Perth
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Specialist - Global Network Optimisation to lead the work to optimise our global Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) network. You will ensure the adherence and implementation of processes, guidelines and strategies to achieve a highly functional and efficient Network Management and Operations.
The role is a great opportunity for a person with a strong network management and optimisation focus who enjoys leadership, governance and stakeholder management to ensure the efficiency of network operations.
Reporting to the Manager – Global Network Operations and Collaboration Services, and working in an exciting and collaborative environment within the Global IS&T Operations team, you will:
- Lead the optimisation, capacity management and operations of the global network with strong stakeholder management
- Optimise Network operations processes to improve efficiency of operations involving parties, internal and external
- Ensure Cyber risk minimisation on the global network
- Leads and own the operations (monitoring, support and event management) and service delivery in line with contracted service levels
- Proactive technical management of the multiple partner/vendor support teams through the governance
- Leads the standardisation and compliance of the infrastructure
- Ensure the services are protected from Cyber threats through ongoing risk management
- Work with the Project Management Office and help guide projects to deliver the best outcomes for Network Management
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Bachelor’s degree qualification (Telecommunications/Engineering, IT/Data Networks) or equivalent experience
- Experience with development and implementation of processes, preferably in the area of network operations.
- Familiarity with vendor management
- Experience within Mining, Oil/Gas, or Manufacturing sectors preferred
- Strong understanding of ITSM and ITIL
- Effective communication and reporting skills
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs and pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.