Job Title Project Management
Category Construction Laborers
Discover new ways to deliver better. By joining WestConnex you will be a part of an integrated plan to keep Sydney moving - easing congestion, creating jobs and connecting communities.
Having already widened the M4 between Parramatta and Homebush, the project will further extend the M4 in twin underground tunnels through to Haberfield and double road capacity along the M5 East corridor with tunnels running between St Peters and Kingsgrove. By joining these underground routes together via the M4-M5 Link tunnel, the project will form a seamless motorway without any traffic lights.
As a Commercial Advisor, you will play an integral part of the WestConnex (WCX) Commercial and Planning assisting in the delivery of various commercial initiatives during the operations and maintenance phase of WCX. A collaborative approach along with strong stakeholder management skills will ensure success in the role. You'll assist with preparing Board Papers, proposals and discussion briefings for presentation to Leadership and governance forums, and assist the broader Commercial team with the administration of the upstream Concession Deed ensuring compliance to operations and maintenance obligations.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll assist with identifying commercial risks/matters early, followed by the development and implementation of strategies to protect the Transurban and WCX commercial position
- Using your exceptional time management skills, you'll assist with the delivery of commercial projects on-time and within budget
- With a collaborative approach, you'll facilitate discussions to reach commercial outcomes, and lead initiatives to support stakeholder participation in commercial projects
- You'll assist with forming and facilitating governance structures and forums to ensure appropriate governance is in place for all commercial projects
- You'll contribute to obtaining appropriate regulatory, financier and Board approvals where required
- You'll assist with the identification and management of risk in contracts and development of mitigation strategies
- You'll develop relevant commercial and financial risk reporting, along with any presentations to internal and external stakeholders
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll have demonstratable experience in project planning including producing project reports and updates where relevant
- A tertiary degree in Engineering/Economics/Commerce/Business Management from a recognised tertiary institution, or equivalent qualifications
- Sound understanding of contracts and contract administration
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A strong ability to analyse, evaluate and be creative in solving complex problems
- Excellent written, numerical, and verbal skills to effectively communicate with senior management, contractors and customersstroi
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- With strong business and commercial acumen, you're confident with the technical and commercial management of contracts
- A natural problem solver, you can address complex technical and operational problems
- You're commercial, engaging, assertive and a natural builder of relationships - you'll enjoy getting on the front foot, embedding yourself in the business and connecting with stakeholders to ensure the success of your projects
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.