Job Title Contracts Management
Category Construction Laborers
About The Role
Reporting to the General Manager, Commercial the primary responsibility of the Commercial Manager is to provide effective commercial management to the Transport Sector, in particular the management of commercial risk and opportunity as well as confirming compliance with Ventia systems and processes.
You will be responsible for the commercial oversight of Transport sector contracts, precontracts as well developing and mentoring the Transport sector personnel to improve commercial acumen and ensure the delivery of commercial excellence.
This position can be based in Victoria, NSW, QLD or WA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being the commercial lead on work winning and pre-contract activities
- Preparation of commercial critical risk reviews and strategy
- Undertaking regular site visits to perform detailed reviews of project performance/compliance with standard commercial and contract administration systems and processes
- Ensuring commercial activities are executed in accordance with Ventia approvals and procedures
- Provide support and assist delivery teams on all commercial matters
- Assist in the mobilisation of newly won contracts to set up commercial systems and processes
- Drive commercial excellence in contract delivery
- Early detection of potential commercial issues; development and implementation of strategies to resolve them promptly and satisfactorily.
- Deliver accurate reporting to senior management
- Increase the commercial acumen and knowledge of delivery teams
- Identify synergies across delivery teams and regions to streamline processes and delivery of services
- Implement actions to address legal and regulatory requirements and company business standards, processes and Group policies
- Participating and contributing to the effectiveness of Ventia safety activities
To ensure success in this role, you will have a Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Building, Quantity Surveying, Law or business management, accompanied with an extensive experience in commercial and/or contract management roles of infrastructure contracts.
You will also possess the following:
- At least 10 years experience in the Transport Infrastructure industry and the management of complex commercial contracts
- Experience in the performance of Pre-Contract assessments and approval processes;
- Skilled in commercial review of tenders and contracts;
- Skilled in negotiations and proven track record in successfully delivering commercial outcomes
- Skilled in the identification of commercial risk and opportunities, including risk mitigations and opportunity realisations
- A thorough understanding of tendering and work winning review and approval processes
- Understanding of the subcontract procurement processes and effective subcontractor management
- Knowledge of engineering and operational activities;
- Strong level of verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience in PPP’s and O&M contract’s is highly regarded
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history.
Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it.
Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.