Job Title Site Manager
Category Construction Laborers
At KONE, we bring buildings to life.
Look around and you'll see KONE in buildings everywhere. Through our technical expertise and digital connectivity, we provide an essential service to communities around the world - keep people moving no matter what.
Our work will take you in different directions.
Site Manager manages and controls installation of individual units of a project through to completion and handover to client and maintenance under the guidance and leadership of the Project Manager. Construction Site Manager oversees and manages the installation team to ensure safe, high quality, complete-on-time delivery of KONE solutions within budget. He/she acts as a KONE interface to customer representatives and other stakeholders throughout the full process.
Site Management Process
- Accountable for the delivery of the installation project
- Accountable for Site Safety - zero accidents.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient management of environmental aspects of the installation (waste handling, hazardous material, minimization of travel)
- Accountable for the financial result of the project/assigned elevator where multiple Construction Site Managers are used on site
- Responsible for planning and organizing the delivery and storage of materials and tools to the site
- Responsible for site preparations and follow-up of site readiness
- Responsible for preparation of the installation file/binder including: GA drawings, technical specification, program of works, site safety information, special instructions (source-project binder) and any other documentation related to the unit.
- Checking daily planning and administration of work permits to subcontractors, other trades and KONE operatives where required.
- Accountable for use of correct KONE installation methods and tooling throughout the installation
- Responsible for administrative activities of the project including daily human resource management (absences, time sheet review/approvals) and reports project progress (schedule, installation hours, fitter time sheets, budget and risks) to the Project Manager
- Responsible for maintaining project documentation
- Accountable for final testing of the equipment and handover to maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring a quality project is completed with zero defects.
Customer and Sub-contractor Relationship management
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and quality of installation
- Accountable for sub-contractor quality and safety performance
- Develops and maintains a cordial and professional relationship with the sub-contractors
- Responsible for delivering customer satisfaction.
People management / Leadership
- Accountable for people (site operatives) development, wellbeing and managing the performance of the team and individuals.
- Determines objectives, plans as well as organizes, communicates, controls, and motivates the installation team
What are we looking for?
- Prior working experience in an allied industry
- Basic technical understanding
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership experience
- Experience from construction industry or elevator industry is an asset Understanding
- Basic construction management and building systems knowledge.
There's so much more to KONE than you may realise.
- Enjoy career progression opportunities within a global organisation
- Access a range of benefits that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work
- Grow with comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills
Note: Applicants must either be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or New Zealand to apply for this position.
This role is being sourced directly by KONE. We respectfully request no agency approaches.