Job Title Management
Category Construction Laborers
The Opportunity - Full Time Permanent
We are looking for a Sydney-based Site Manager to work in Cronulla with more than 10 years of experience in a similar role.
The position of Site Manager involves Management, supervision, coordination, and implementation of all construction site activities to ensure the project is delivered on budget, on time, and on quality.
Management of subcontractors, direct labour, suppliers, materials and equipment on-site to achieve project objectives. Management of the site and site activities in accordance with the VG Project IMS, that any disputes are quickly resolved and that the building process moves swiftly to a successful conclusion.
The role allows a degree of autonomy with a high level of responsibility, to ensure the SM successfully completes their role it is vitally important they work well with all contractors,
administration, all team members within the company, understanding the impact each places upon the other for a cohesive and profitable operation.
- Status weekly/update monthly trade tracking sheets
- Ensure that timeline and critical path scheduling are followed
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to develop effective programs for all on site work
- Co-ordinate and implement all day-to-day activities on the site
- Effectively manage the construction program to achieve progress and project delivery
schedules, Programming, scheduling and working out crucial time lines, Preparation of micro program for construction and subcontract works
- Assist with PM/CA when need be regarding trade specific Scope of works
- Review, monitor and communicate using Procurement programme/Schedule spreadsheet
- Liaise with Project Manager to determine sub-contractor scope of works and the letting of subcontracts, organising site folders with all subbies packs and inductions requirements
- Manage on site scheduling, estimating – ordering materials and quantity take offs
- Prepare and manage all subbies/ ready for site team prior to site establishment
- Effectively manage subcontractors, direct labour and suppliers on site
- Motivate team and lead from the front
- Manage projects to maximise positive cashflow
- Review opportunities and risks of the Contract
- Assist the PM with manage claims/EOT’s / RFI’s
Must have a minimum of 10-year of experience as a Site Manager on residential projects over $15M Australian work experience and Work rights to work full time!