Job Title Government - Local
Category Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
About the Business
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria's destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes, tourist regions, and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
Mornington Peninsula Shire is responsible for a broad range of infrastructure and community services that support the wellbeing and prosperity of our diverse community. With approximately 1200 employees, it is a busy and vibrant workplace.
Continuous Improvement Project Lead
- Temporary full-time, up to June 2022
- Band 8 - $112,886 per annum (Excl. super)
- Lead the Corporate Planning and Customer Experience Team and transform how corporate planning and performance reporting is undertaken at the Shire.
About the role
Situated at our Rosebud Office on the Mornington Peninsula, the Continuous Improvement Project Lead works as a key member of the continuous improvement team to lead the Corporate Planning and Customer Experience Team and transform how corporate planning and performance reporting is undertaken at the Shire. They will be responsible for the review of our corporate planning framework and will contribute to our customer experience journey in support of the Shire becoming a sustainable and innovative organisation that puts our community at the heart of everything we do.
Job tasks & responsibilities
Core accountabilities include:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Shire’s Corporate Planning and Reporting Framework and systems which meet with legislative, regulatory requirements and Council needs.
- Facilitate the creation of and embed a Corporate Strategy for the organisation.
- Facilitate a collaborative approach across the organisation, providing advice to teams to ensure the development of integrated organisational business plans and performance reporting.
- Manage organisational performance reporting requirements in accordance with internal reporting frameworks.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance and regulatory obligations by analysing and reporting on operational performance, providing recommendations for improvement and coordinating the preparation of executive, Council and Audit reporting.
- Support the development and implementation of a Customer Experience Strategy for the organisation.
- Provide input into Council’s business improvement program including service reviews, systems implementations and customer experience
Skills, experience and other requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in business management or relevant field
- Substantial experience in business planning, organisational planning, risk management, local government and organisational performance
- Experience in local government, government or large and complex organisations
- An Employee Working with Children Check
- Preparedness to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check
- A valid Driver’s Licence
Please review the Position Description in full, for specific information about this role.
Click 'Apply' this will take you to the job listing on our job application portal where you can commence the application process. Please provide your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the key selection criteria by 6pm, Friday 1 October 2021.
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is committed to creating a diverse and safe environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer. We welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; have a disability; and/or a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work rights VISA.
Please Note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are only able to consider candidates currently residing in Australia with valid work eligibility.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact: Jarrod Lawson, Manager - Continuous Improvement, 0466 779 991.