Job Title Engineering Drafting
Category Engineers, All Other
Junior Mechanical Draftsperson
Scandia Group requires a motivated Junior Mechanical Draftsperson for a full time position based in Carrum Downs, Melbourne. The successful applicant will help document designs of domestic wood and gas heaters. This is an immediate start with a progressive company, in a modern office.
You will report to the Lead Engineer – Product Development & Compliance. This is a highly collaborative environment in a dynamic and growing business.
- Produce detailed and accurate drawings and CAD models for manufacture, supply and quality inspections.
- Complete change order documentation and ERP updates.
- Update existing models and drawings where required.
You will also have:
- Mechanical Drafting/Trade Certificate.
- 2+ years experience with SolidWorks preferred. CSWA/CSWP certification is an advantage.
- A good understanding of steel manufacturing methods, including sheet metal design and welding.
- Exposure to Netsuite (or another ERP system) is desirable.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work autonomously and run numerous projects concurrently.
Australian experience and full working rights are essential.
At Scandia, we know how to tame fire and are experts in designing wood fires and stoves specifically for Australian conditions. We are a quality assured company (ISO 9001) and are always innovating.
Scandia is an Authorised Provider and this position is is classified as an Authorised Worker. This position will be located on-site, it is not able to be completed remotely. Compliance with government COVID requirements and Scandia's COVID Safe Plan is mandatory.
To apply, please click on \"Apply\" below and submit your resume. Strictly no agencies. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email email@example.com.
Please note, all applications will be held in the strictest of confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.