Job Title Engineering Drafting
Category Engineers, All Other
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Defence Industry and Australian Maritime Technologies (AMT) has a key role to play.
With over 30 years of engineering excellence in Australian and regional Defence projects, AMT is 100% Australian owned, and currently growing its highly skilled design team.
Our staff are consistent in their feedback of our great team environment, flexible work arrangements, and the variety and interesting work opportunities that our independent and agile business delivers.
We are seeking a Draftsperson to join our Naval Engineering design team in our Melbourne CBD based engineering office. This position would suit a Mechanical Draftsperson with previous experience in a design environment, who is wanting to apply their skills to a different and unique application, the design of naval ships.
In this role, you will prepare new ship design drawings, alterations to existing drawings and create design solutions to meet our customers’ requirements. You will work on a multitude of projects, in support of a wide range of Australian and regional maritime programs for new construction and for the sustainment and upgrade of current ships.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- A relevant Trade / Technical Qualification;
- 2D Drafting and Bill of Material preparation (preferably with AutoCAD);
- 3D Modelling experience (preferably with AutoCAD, Inventor and/or SolidWorks experience - Unigraphics or NX highly desirable);
- Previous experience in a design environment (Piping and/or HVAC highly desirable);
- Experience in maritime programs will be a significant advantage;
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Effective time management skills and strong attention to detail;
- Well-developed problem diagnosis and solving skills; and
- The motivation and drive to develop your technical capabilities within a highly supportive, multi-discipline engineering environment.
Due to the nature of the work, you must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for Australian Defence Security Clearance. The selection process for this role will include pre-employment screening, including a Police Records Check.
We offer an attractive, competitive salary package and employment conditions, including flexible working arrangements, working from home and RDOs. We have an outward looking approach that will involve travel to our customers and to ships at waterfronts throughout Australia and abroad, when the opportunity returns.
Be part of a thriving industry, with rewarding work opportunities and great challenges that will fuel your career development.
If you have what it takes to join us in our continuing and growing success, we would like to hear from you.
In your application, please include a CV and cover letter outlining your relevant skills, your employment history and experience and your motivation to join us. Applications close at 10am on Monday 4 October 2021.