Job Title Engineering Drafting
Category Engineers, All Other
About the role:
Laser Wizard is a well-established and growing Engineering company based in St Mary's area and are seeking a confident and professional Mechanical Draftsperson to join our technical team.
This is an opportunity to work alongside talented group of professional team in a fast paced environment.
This is a full-time position with an immediate start reporting directly to General Manager Operations.
Duties & responsibilities
- Develop 2D & 3D drawings of design specifications of engineering components to assist in setting and production process.
- Ensure all drawings are completed with 100% accuracy to reflect client’s requirements as described in the sales estimate.
- Analyze design documents and plans to verify dimensions and materials to resolve any errors.
- Collaborate with production technicians and clients and all internal customers as necessary to identify design problems and develop effective solutions.
- Active involvement in the manufacturing process and the ongoing opportunity to see your projects executed internally from Drafting & Design through Manufacturing.
Essential skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in drafting packages including AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Able to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities.
- CAD certification plus 3 years of relevant drafting experience.
- Solid understanding of product design and mechanical engineering principles.
- Create .DXF Files for internal use.
- Please submit your resume with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We want to hear about you and how your experience applies to this role.
- only those applicants with unrestricted right to work in Australia will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.