Job Title Engineering Drafting
Category Engineers, All Other
Who are we
We're an engineering fabrication & welding specialist located in Yarraville Victoria. We need to expand as more and more work comes through our door.
We're keen on finding someone who knows their trade well, has 3+ years experience drafting, can move fast in Inventor and takes on a can do attitude. These three things are really important.
We're growing a healthy family work culture. You would be adding to our vibe. We work mostly unsupervised which comes from a lot of passion for engineering and fabrication. Most of us are ex trade folks so being capable is important.
You would be someone who can move at pace: you would quickly design orders as they come in, simplify client drawings that are often too complex and efficiently explain your designs to our boilermakers on the floor. This is why we are ex-boilermakers or a similar trades, as we can be helpful to each other, our clients and grow our workplace.
This is us: https://www.3pe.com.au/
Lately, we have been working on projects for metro tunnel. We have also done industrial access structures for sites around Melbourne and parts of Australia.
Our owner is extremely passionate about the engineering game. He started as a boilermaker and has grown our company from the ground up. He understands what it takes to support a productive team, he encourages self-development, makes sure everyone in our family is looked after and has endless energy for our amazing craft.
CORE / ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR THE ROLE. These are very important, if you're not confident with these you will struggle in this role.
- You need to be fast and efficient with Inventor. This is very important. Client drawing should be understood quickly and then modelled efficiently for our floor. Fast means you know how and what steps are required before you start designing / drafting. Efficiency means you have habits and behaviours that help you focus on getting through the work with confidence.
- Trade experience. Knowing how metal is cut and joined should show through in your drawings as they will make fabrication easier.
- Very strong communication skills. You’re fluent in English, know how to send professional, clear and concise emails and talk comfortably with clients and suppliers over the phone.
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR THE ROLE.
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors during design and production. This includes phone conversations and ordering.
- Excellent problem solving skills. We promote a can-do attitude and are ready to tackle anything here.
- Work autonomously - we help each other often and are great at supporting each other but we after some who understands the role and gets things done autonomously.
- Open to learning and feedback. We are very honest and prefer saying things as they are. We'll expect this from you as well.
G-Code . Either professionally or hobbyist. We have plasma's and will soon have a laser cutter we're amped to start using.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT HELPFUL
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience with exposure to structural or machined components.
- General computer literacy including Office 365.
- Ability to clearly sketch concepts and designs
Rate depends on experience.
If this sounds like you, phone and talk with Charlie first, BEFORE applying: 0423 690 517.