Job Title Engineering Drafting
Category Engineers, All Other
Salary 80,000 AUD (per year)
Tank Vision is a leading Sydney based commercial/industrial water storage tank manufacturer. We have built a reputation over 10 years for delivering quality design, manufacture and installation of a wide range of projects within the commercial, healthcare, retail, industrial, transport & data sectors in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. We are at the forefront of new and innovative product design, and through successful project delivery have built a strong repeat client base.
Due to considerable recent growth, we are looking for a Draftsperson to join our ambitious team.
As part of and to the strategic planning process, our team established our collective purpose. The phrase we felt best encapsulated this was;
“Working Together to Achieve a Common Goal”
As employees of Tank Vision, we aspire to respect and display the company values in our day-to-day actions and decisions. Through joining our team, you will be given the opportunity to work in a Collaborative environment that truly values Openness and Respect. You will be empowered to work with latitude, use your knowledge, skills and experience on a varied range of projects within the water storage solution space.
As a team, we aspire to practice the following behaviours in our daily work: Loyalty; Commitment to Quality; Trust; Fairness; Accountability; Tenacity; Positivity and Respect
Primary purpose of the role
Using Solidworks, the Draftsperson is responsible for progressing each project from initial sale and order through to detailed manufacturing drawings/BOM's.
- Preparing drawings, plans and designs for tanks.
- Work under the direction of the Engineering Manager / Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Assisting Mechanical Design Engineer and other internal/external stakeholders in the design of the tanks.
- Creating new and modified mechanical assemblies using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Producing General Assembly Drawings, construction drawings and BOMs.
- Maintenance and updating of Drawing Registers and libraries.
- Ensuring that designs are within client specifications and Australian Standards
- Assist with streamlining of re-use processes
- Organisation and documentation of information when needed
- Library development
- Although this role is primarily office-based, there may be a requirement to travel occasionally to constructions sites.
Core competency areas include:
- Technical skills – Advanced diploma or diploma in Industrial Draughting, or at least 3 years of relevant experience
- MUST HAVE 3 YEARS MIN SOLIDWORKS EXPERIENCE
- IT – high level of IT competency essential understanding of the following programs – Solid Works, AutoCAD, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- 3+ years’ experience in Drafting using Solid works.
- Precise development and production of GA’s and associated manufacturing drawings in a presentable format set by our Engineering manager and to align with a high-level Quality Management System.
- Proficient in SolidWorks Sheet metal design, Configuration and Design tables.
- Knowledge base – Significant experience in draughting, using SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Analytical/Decision making – Good ability to work with the ability to deliver in full and on time within budgeted hours and timeframes.
- Professional development – professional accountability and participation in continuing professional development
- Communication – liaise with colleagues and clients concisely and ensure emails are well structured and contain correct grammar and spelling
- Relationships – Maintain relationships with clients and staff to ensure professional service and repeat business
- Experience with AS2304, AWWAD103, AS1170, AS3500, AS1851 and structural calculations would be advantageous.
- Experience with ERP systems is desirable but not essential.
- Good organizational skills.
- Capability to work on your own and maintain standards and deadlines.
- High personal standards, pride in your work and workplace
- Good time management (punctuality)
- The candidate is to meet most of the role-specific competencies including 2-3 min years in Solidworks use.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET THE SELECTION CRITERIA
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a young, yet established company with exciting growth plans.
Please submit your application detailing your experience detailing experience in a similar role. Only candidates with suitable and similar experience will be considered for this opportunity. Only successful candidates will be contacted.