Job Title Engineering Drafting
Category Engineers, All Other
Izzat Consulting Engineers is a privately owned Australian company with over 30 years' experience specialising in structural and civil engineering design and documentation.
To cope with our increasing workload, Izzat Consulting Engineers require the services of a Structural / Civil Draftsperson with a minimum of 6 years' experience in Structural / Civil Drafting.
This is a full-time position available within our Newcastle Office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare structural/civil engineering drawings from sketches, site plans or measurements.
- Producing working drawings using AutoCAD.
- Apply an advanced understanding of Drafting principles to devise and deliver practical and economical solutions to problems.
- Assisting in the Drafting Team in the development of new designs.
- Ensuring all drawings are completed with accuracy and within required timeframes.
- Completing drawings to Izzat’s standards and drafting procedures.
- Participating in the ongoing improvement of systems and procedures.
- Being an active and contributing member to the Company's Culture.
The ideal applicant must have:
- The ability to work as part of a team with attention to detail and team involvement to deliver projects on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
- The ability to work on a number of projects at any one time, with good time management.
- A sound detailing background in reinforced concrete, structural steel and timber framed structures is essential.
- Knowledge of stormwater detailing associated with building structures would also be an advantage.
- A thorough understanding of general building construction and methods associated with residential, commercial and industrial structures would also assist in our remedial type projects.
- Have relevant qualifications.
- The candidate is required to have excellent computer skills – email correspondence, experience with drawing in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of REVIT would also be an advantage.
- Have a good work ethic.
- Have pride in finished product such that the degree of accuracy and level of detail is sufficient to minimise RFI enquiries by clients, contractors, etc
Have the ability to communicate, written and/or verbal with all levels of personnel involved in projects.
This position presents an opportunity for someone who is seeking to further their career and wishes to be involved in interesting projects throughout the country.
An attractive starting salary package will be offered to the successful candidate based on level attained to date. A 6-month probation period would apply.
All applicants, please forward your resume and covering letter indicating your interest to join our team to email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and notified. All communications will be strictly confidential.
No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.