Job Title Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Category Engineers, All Other
Salary 70,000 AUD (per year)
Key areas of accountability:
Will provide technical product knowledge and support by answering and/or
resolving sales force or customer questions and /or issues on assigned products
telephonically, via e-mail and sometimes in person
May support key product trials, presentations or installations as directed by Brand
Provide technical product related support, communicating a deep understanding
of product functionality and it’s use by surgeons and health care practioners
May develop and/or initiate the development and production of technical product
support material (e.g. product brochures, Apps, videos, etc.)
Will provide technical sales product training to others as requested
May provide input in the new product development process and collect Voice of
the Customer (VOC) feedback on new product concepts, considering compliance
Will work with territory managers and other SSP teams to identify and implement
improvements to existing products and their uses
Will develop and execute strategies for communicating technical product-related
updates to sales representatives through the use of presentations, collection of
Will support development knowledge through creation of new technical sales
support tools and refinement of existing tools
Will work closely with the internal SSP teams to understand technical production
capacity, build schedules, and stocking schedules for assigned products
Will coordinate with the sales and operations team to effectively allocate products
to customers in times of short supply. Estimating materials, costs and quantities.
Will work with Customer Service Team to understand complaint handling,
Quality, and Service processes, and will communicate these processes to Sales
Representatives as needed, considering compliance with regulations.
Will submit periodic product reports on assigned topics
Able to lead and drive projects within area of expertise
Knowledge on and commitment to quality standards through the use of local
quality management system and local programs in day to day activities.
Participation in continuous process improvement aligned with the quality
Critical Requirements (eg: skills, experience, qualifications):
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills.
- 0-2 years in a engineering, product sales or related position.
- Fundamental computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Field sales training with key Sales Representatives
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed proposals, guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine technical product issues using
- independent judgment.
- Must be able to routinely make decisions that may affect immediate operations and have
- a divisional effect.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word,
- product appearance, etc.)
- B.B.A. or B.S. in any Engineering field (e.g. emphasis on Biomedical Engineering preferred)