Job Title Management & Operations
Category General and Operations Managers
Salary 90,000 AUD
Commercial Lead - Expression of Interest
Requisition ID 2021-87584
Work Location AU-VI-Melbourne
Department / Discipline Commercial / Contracts
Position Type Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for a potential Commercial Lead role based in Melbourne.
With hands on position with minimal supervision, performs full range of commercial activities from input to proposals, preparation and negotiation of commercial models, general post award administration and contract commercial close out activities.
Supports Commercial Manager with delivery of commercial reporting to corporate function and ensure all commercial procedures are followed and reviewed. Support with the implementation and delivery of key policies and procedures including the Financial Management Framework and Tender Governance Procedures.
More specifically this will include:
- Promotes safe working practices within commercial function
- Performs pre award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, coordinating commercial and legal qualifications,
- Performs post award admin including ensuring that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system, ensuring that invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and include full contract entitlement, ensuring commercial models and scope of delivery are understood by the contract management team, rate reviews are completed, change is captured in contract variations / amendments and commercial administration files are established and maintained
- Interfaces with client on a regular basis
- Leads and provides commercial support to a large team of contract finance personnel to ensure contract commercial compliance
- Prepares monthly commercial management reports and input to monthly Contract Performance Reviews
- Supports implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit
- Supports governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting and contractual discussions
- Assist with the negotiation of Terms and Conditions with clients and supplier
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract / Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients
- Responsible for commercial management of Marine delivery
- Mentors and develops commercial personnel
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to Wood
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to Wood and Clients
Skills / Qualifications
This Commercial Lead must have good communication and negotiation skills, with the drive to manage and deliver Wood's core values and commercial processes and procedures in an ethical manner.
- completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a similar leadership / management role or professional qualification is desirable
- Experience in negotiation, claims & dispute resolution
- Experience in drafting and interpretation of contractual documentation
- Competent in change management
- Coaching skills
- Demonstrate commitment to Wood and client Core Values
- Demonstrate commitment to Wood Commercial Process and Procedures
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage others
- Ability to prioritize key tasks and solve problems for the team
- Ability to mentor and coach direct reports
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!