Job Title Admin
Category General and Operations Managers
The NSW Department of Education provides, funds and regulates education services for NSW students from early childhood to secondary school, delivering world-class education through its public schools and providing funding support to non-government schools. We employ, develop and support teachers, leaders and other staff to deliver the best outcomes for students and to advance the wellbeing of Aboriginal people.
About the Role
The School Administrative Manager is responsible for the efficient management of school financial and administrative systems, as well as supervision and training of school administration officers. Manages the provision of support for school activities and routines, including student welfare and wellbeing, and works with the school principal, the school executive and teaching staff as required.
- Working with Children Check Clearance
First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake First Aid training.
Administration of Medications – training to be provided based on student needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Capacity to supervise staff.
Demonstrated capacity to exercise initiative, organise resources and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake financial and accounting responsibilities including use of computerised financial/administrative systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an office.
- Ability to interact with school staff, students and members of the school community.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the department’s Aboriginal education policies
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please apply online and attach your resume and covering letter, which clearly details how your skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience can contribute to the success of this role. It is a requirement that you include the name and contact details of two referees. The statement of duties can be accessed here.
If there are targeted questions, you must respond to these (maximum 300 words) and include in your covering letter.
Note: It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via iworkfor.nsw.gov.au.
No paper based, email based or late applications will be accepted.