Job Title Medical Specialists
Category Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
Part Time Ongoing
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria's largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne's population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children's Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 1,300 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria's largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
About General Medicine at Monash Health
The general medical department at Monash Health is serviced at three sites including, Monash Medical Centre, Dandenong Hospital and Casey Hospital. At Monash Medical Centre, the service runs five general medical teams staffed by a consultant, registrar, HMO and intern. The unit is staffed with a mix of full time consultants, part time consultants and VMOs with a diverse range of general medical and specialty expertise. As the largest inpatient service at Monash Medical Centre, the unit looks after a broad range of patients with a variety of clinical conditions with support from specialty and ICU services onsite.
About the Role
We are recruiting to multiple General Medicine Consultant Physician roles currently. Current opportunities within the Monash Medical Centre General Medical Department include:
- Two 0.5 EFT permanent ongoing positions (with an education portfolio)
In these roles you will support and assist the Director of the General Medicine Unit, Monash Medical Centre in the provision of high quality General Medicine Services at MMC, consistent with the Monash Health values.
The permanent ongoing positions will incorporate a substantial education portfolio to the suitable candidates with a keen interest in medical education spanning, medical student teaching and supervision and mentorship of interns, HMOs and Registrars including general medicine Advanced Trainees. There will opportunity to support Monash Health grand rounds and work closely with Monash Health Medical Education Department. There will be opportunity for professional development within the education portfolio.
Other Key Results Areas:
- Provide clinical leadership through active involvement in patient care
- Be available to medical colleagues for consultation and liaison as appropriate regarding patient care
- Support academic, research, education, training & supervision (both undergraduate and postgraduate) roles
- Contribute to the professional and corporate life in Victoria's largest public health service by participation in appropriate committees and educational platforms
- Contribute to ongoing service improvement and clinical and workforce innovation
What you need:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Appropriate health professional tertiary qualifications
- Fellowship of the RACS or equivalent
- Working with Children's Certificate
- Membership with RACS and ASOHNS
Monash Health employee benefits:
- Salary packaging
- Onsite subsidised staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
In accordance with recent Victorian Public Health directions all employees working in the Public Health system need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status.
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of full vaccination. You will need to provide a copy your immunisation history statement which can be accessed via My Gov. The evidence will need to be uploaded as part of your application.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates that can provide evidence that they meet full vaccination status.
Enquiries: Dr Sumitha Bhaskaran
Applications Close: 06/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the “Apply for this job” button.