Job Title Management
Category Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
- Key Executive role with Australia’s largest private health care provider
- Rare leadership opportunity within the private health care sector
Joondalup Health Campus, (JHC) is a 722-bed facility owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. Treating both public and private patients, JHC provides comprehensive acute medical care to the community within Perth’s rapidly expanding northern corridor. With such a large hospital to operate, JHC currently employs over 3500 staff, with numbers continually increasing to meet the demand for services.
Located on the coast just 25 kilometres north of Perth’s CBD, the hospital is extremely well situated and its management supports and encourages medical staff to achieve work-life balance, while actively supporting their professional development.
Ramsay is now inviting applications for the position of Director of Medical Services for Joondalup Health Campus. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the hospital’s Executive Management team and provide high level support to the Chief Executive Officer in the management of the Medical Services division of the Hospital including the recruitment and management of both Consultants and junior medical staff. As a member of the Executive Management team, you will contribute to the overall strategic direction of the Hospital, provide strong leadership, vision and strategic management to all Medical Services staff to ensure the provision of a comprehensive and responsive health service.
The Director of Medical Services will lead and manage a diverse team of Medical Specialists, and accordingly, will be responsible for delivering strong leadership and developing leadership capabilities within the team to ensure the achievement of all Hospital objectives and improved performance across all key deliverable areas, with a strong focus on operational performance of the Hospital and the achievement of excellent outcomes for patients.
- Administer and support the work of medical departments including management of Resident Medical Officers, Hospital Medical Officers, Salaried Specialists and Visiting Medical Officers;
- Actively engage with Specialists and other Medical staff to expand the provision of medical services within the Hospital;
- Improve and develop existing service areas further and actively seeking out new business growth or improvement opportunities in Medical Services;
- Act as an advisor on medical and other matters to the Chief Executive Officer and executive team;
- Develop and lead a high quality medical workforce, including junior medical staff, and support the medical education and training of all medical staff, in collaboration with the medical colleges, training bodies and professional groups;
- Manage all aspects of strategic and business planning, efficient budget management and the achievement of hospital targets; and
- Manage the effectiveness and performance outcomes of all medical services areas.
The key to success in this role will be your ability to demonstrate effective leadership skills, to inspire and mentor the Medical Services team and your commitment to excellence and operational performance. You must be an inspiring leader with an impressive operational and management background in health care to be considered for this role.
Additionally, the successful applicant for this position will meet the following criteria:
- A successful track record in the Medical field, including fellowship with a relevant medical college and clinical hospital experience
- AHPRA registration and fellowship with relevant medical college
- Experience in a senior management position within the health care sector
- Exemplifies personal integrity and commitment to the Ramsay Way
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and facilitates cooperation and partnerships
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment of change to shape and manage strategy
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team environment to achieve results and operational excellence.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
Enquiries should be directed to:
Dr Amanda Ling - CEO Joondalup Health Campus
Phone: (08) 9400 9401 Email: LingA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications must be lodged online by clicking the “Apply Now” button within this advertisement or please visit www.ramsaydocs.com.au
Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria and 2 current work-related referees.
Applications close: Wednesday 30 June 2021 at 5.00pm