Job Title Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Category Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
Fertility Counsellor – Full time
About Fertility North
Fertility North is a family-owned fertility clinic in Joondalup, Western Australia. We take pride in giving patients a personalised treatment experience and delivering a high level of care. Our Mission Statement emphasises kindness, integrity, teamwork and excellence.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced counsellor to join our friendly and dynamic team at Fertility North.
Applicants with previous experience in psychosocial issues associated with infertility and its treatment and understanding of implications of third-party reproduction will be considered preferentially
Fertility North Counsellors are responsible for
- Psychoeducation/implications counselling for those commencing fertility treatment
- Support counselling during treatment
- Assistance with decision-making and
- Crisis support.
Our Fertility Counsellors have the opportunity to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- A degree in psychology from an accredited course, with eligibility for APHRA accreditation
- Eligibility for membership of the Fertility Society or Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) and the Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellors Association (ANZICA)
- Willingness to work collaboratively with others
- Commitment to Fertility North's core values of kindness, integrity, teamwork and excellence
- Outstanding communication skills
- Maturity and empathy
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Word/Outlook)
- Willingness to provide the best possible care for our patients
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
- A good sense of humour
The successful applicant will be supported in developing expertise in fertility counselling through ongoing professional development opportunities and clinical supervision.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team of fertility specialists, fertility nurses, scientists, support staff and our existing fertility counsellor.
Contact Dr Elizabeth Webb, Clinical Psychologist, Fertility Counsellor for further information on 08 6166 9192 or 0409 103 361
You will be rewarded with working with a friendly and dedicated team, job variety, a customised working arrangement and opportunity to work for an organisation that strives to lead in their field.
Please note that only successful candidates progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Applications close 5pm Friday 19th November 2021 and must include a CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria and explaining suitability for the role, and containing the names and contact details for two referees addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close the advertisement early if the successful candidate is found prior to the closing date.