Job Title Front Office & Guest Services
Category Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
A family business through and through, Prendiville Group owns and operates 21 iconic tourism, hospitality, and entertainment facilities across three states. We are thrilled to be providing a fabulous opportunity to join a great team.
Hotel Rottnest and the newly opened Samphire Rottnest, located on the premiere tourist destination Rottnest Island, is well known for offering a unique experience with amazing views over Thomson Bay. We are entering a new and exciting era and are looking forward to building our Team in support of this.
Samphire Rottnest will offer 80 suites, pools, Food and Beverage options and multiple indoor/ outdoor function facilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front Office Supervisor, you will be enthusiastic, motivated and able to work well in a very fast paced environment. Having worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry, you will be a team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Provide guidance for Guest Service Agents.
- Provide support for the Rooms Division Manager.
- Providing front desk services to guests.
- Assigning rooms and taking care of administrative duties.
- Processing guest payments.
- Coordinating with Concierge, Porter and Management.
- Being a source of information to guests on various matters such as transport and restaurant advice.
- Accommodating general and unique requests.
- Diffusing conflict or tense situations with guests
- Ensure company procedures are followed and relevant documentation is completed in relation to no-shows, early departures, and requests for refunds.
- Ensure that seven-day reservations checks are carried out to re-confirm booking.
- Co-ordinate and inform maintenance of out of order rooms in conjunction with relevant Department Managers.
- Ensure all guest rooms moves are correctly entered into the reservations systems and communicated to the Porters and Housekeeping departments.
- +2 Years Experience as a front office supervisor
- Working knowledge of Guest Centrix or similar Property Management System
- Working knowledge of Levart or similar channel
- Problem solver
- Work well under pressure
- Work well both independently and in a team environment
- Able to multitask
- Highly reliable
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to live on island
A great work/ life balance is valued, and hours will be shaped around service. In your downtime we encourage you to explore what the island has to offer including walking trails, 62 secluded beaches suitable for swimming, snorkeling, fishing, diving or surfing, a unique golf course and even the opportunity to skydive.
****Please ensure you include a cover letter which clearly states why you are interested in being considered for this position, and why you think you would be a great candidate. *****
These roles are live on island positions as well as commuter positions which will be discussed in detail with the successful candidate.
Given the volume of expected applications only those candidates that correctly answer the qualifying questions and can demonstrate in their resume the required skill sets will be considered.
With a busy venue comes a big team, with such diverse experiences you are guaranteed to forge new friendships and work together to deliver our vision.