Job Title Nursing - Aged Care
Category Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
Salary 77 AUD (per year)
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Employment Type: Permanent - Part Time
Hours per week: 24 hours per Week
Position Grade: Registered Nurse , Years 2 - 8
Salary: - $63,965.20 - $89,814.40
Enterprise Agreement:The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations' Nurses Enterprise Agreement 2017
Department Name: Aged Care Psychiatry & Neurosciences Unit (St Joseph's Hospital)
Closing Date: 24 May 2021
A vacancy exists in the above unit for highly motivated Registered Nurses with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team. Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. The successful applicant(s) will be expected to be able to undertake all duties within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse, including working rotating shifts- morning, evening and night.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020 _017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
What we offer:
- Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent's Health Australia Network.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life balance
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the 'My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.
1. Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent's Health Australia
2. Currently registered as a Registered Nurse (Division 1)with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency
3. Demonstrated ability to work within the interdisciplinary team
4. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
5. Demonstrated computer literacy with email and an electronic patient record system
6. Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
7. Demonstrated evidence of integration of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills, critical thinking and analysis in their daily practice as a registered nurse
8. Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads within a complex environment
An example on how to address and upload selection criteria is provided in the attachment below in order to assist you with completing your application.
Please ensure you review the instructions on how to upload this document as applicants that do not address the selection criteria may have their application automatically culled.
Applications close 24 May 2021