Job Title Consulting & Generalist HR
Category Human Resources Specialists
• Permanent, Full-time opportunity, based in Melbourne
• Manage a small team that coordinates a traineeship program for 400 Health Care Workers
• Real Wellbeing starts here
What makes us, us
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of nearly 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey
There are four key attributes that set us apart:
• Good people: We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
• Wellbeing experts: Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
• Long-term commitment: As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
• Driving positive impact: Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
These pillars are infused with our values of bold, warm and honest
This excellent opportunity is positioned within our People & Culture function, reporting to the Head of Learning.
The Traineeship Coordinator will use their industry knowledge to partner with Apprenticeship Network and their key divisional management to ensure the efficient operation of the traineeship program. You will be leading a small team of administrators and mentors to successfully perform the following:
• Providing regular reporting to the business on financial performance of the program in line with budget expectations
• Ensure training contracts are lodged and all relevant incentives and subsidies are received
• Ensure operation of the program minimally impacts service delivery, rostering and other activities on a day-to-day basis
• Partner with mentors and divisional staff to promote the importance of the program
• Maintain retention and completion levels for those employees undertaking the training
• Manage relationships with contacts in the Vet sector and look for other training and funding opportunities
We are searching for a professional who will join us in striving to live our values of bold, warm and honest, in everything we do.
Your expertise and qualifications will include:
• Experience with leading and engaging a small team
• Knowledge of Australian Apprenticeship funding and administration
• Demonstrated experience in management in the Apprenticeship/Traineeship space
• Demonstrated responsibility for a budget
• Experience in operationalising and implementing a new concept
• Has worked with RTOs and funding opportunities
To discuss this opportunity further, please reach out to Meg in the Corporate Talent Acquisition team on MeAndrews@redcrossblood.org.au.
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
Please be advised that Australian Unity does not accept unsolicited resumes from Recruitment Agencies. Australian Unity will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates for.