Job Title Database Development & Admin
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Salary 139,500 AUD (per year)
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team in Wetherill Park Sydney. The successful candidate will work with our Business Intelligence Team to develop, maintain and optimise our Azure Data Warehouse and Power BI infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of a small and flexible team providing innovative Power BI reports and other data solutions to a range of stakeholders in a growing, data-driven company. A business that values inclusion and diversity, and where you will be an important team member and individual able to make a significant contribution to major projects. Join an organisation where everyone in the company is crucial to the business success, regardless of level or function.
- A competitive salary.
- Up to date technology
- The opportunity to join an organisation with an exciting future
- Stability and job security with an established and respected organisation.
- Support and guidance from experienced senior leaders
- A positive and rewarding team culture where great work is recognised and rewarded.
- An opportunity to have an impact across the entire business
This position can be based in Sydney,(Wetherill Park) Melbourne (Doncaster)or Brisbane (Murrarie)
A detailed description of services required of the Data Engineer are:
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders to design, develop, test, implement and support reporting interfaces, tools and solutions.
- Design data warehouse facts, dimensions, and analytics.
- Create complex measures using DAX.
- Guide and assist developers in building the data models for Power BI.
- Analyse, tune, optimise and develop ETL processes.
- Identify, analyse, and resolve data quality problems.
- Strong technical experience and understanding of Business Intelligence (BI), Data/Analytics, Reporting, Data Integration
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Warehouse Developer / Data Modeller
- 2+ years of strong experience with complete Microsoft SQL Server stack including: - Microsoft SQL Server database - SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) (Tabular) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2+ years of experience in T-SQL - able to create tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers, including query optimisation.
- 2+ years of development and testing experience with tabular data models in Microsoft SSAS.
- Strong experience in building reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI and SSRS.
- Strong technical experience developing DAX formulas
Please note: A medical and police check will make up part of the recruitment process.