Job Title Developers/Programmers
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Salary 138,500 AUD (per year)
The Senior Data Specialist is a pivotal role focused on developing data solutions, technologies and models to support modern analytics capabilities for a large Newcastle organisation.
The role is a blend of hands-on technical development and business interaction, with a strong focus on driving new solutions from inception through to completion.
The role requires an innovative thinker with a thirst to learn new technologies, be prepared to "fail fast" in order to test new ideas. An analytical mind that will help make sense of a complex data environment, and help make a significant shift in how they manage data and insights across the organisation is required.
- Design and develop cross-functional data and analytical models in an agile environment, through consultation with key stakeholders
- Design and implement robust data and system integrations on modern cloud platforms
- Implement machine learning technologies and models, and improve overall predictive analytics and automated decision-making capabilities
- Support business users to improve self-service and data literacy across the organisation including reporting platforms and basic data querying techniques
- Manage the external vendors to deliver data related activities including developing specifications, timelines, quality and minor budgets
- Drive innovation and efficiencies through prototyping new cloud technologies, patterns and architectures
- Develop documentation, guides, and other training materials to ensure the effective knowledge transfer between project, operational and business teams
- Assist developing and enforcing data quality and governance procedures across the organisation
- A track record of delivering innovative IT / business solutions and technologies, with a primary focus on data, analytics and integration
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline, or proven equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience developing modern data warehouses
- Hands on experience developing integrations using cloud Integration Platforms
- Proficient in the development of reporting and analytics data models
- Project Management Qualifications
- Experience managing external vendors to deliver outcomes
How to Apply:
For a confidential discussion, please call Kristi Banister on 0413 312 668 to discuss further. Alternatively, submit your application and apply today!