Job Title Cafe Assistant Manager
Salary 61,100 AUD (per year)
Paramount Coffee Project Assistant Manager
Salary: $61,100 annually + Superannuation
Job Type: Full-time
About our Venue, Paramount Coffee Project is a 75-seat restaurant located in the foyer of the prestigious Paramount House building. Serving a seasonal breakfast and lunch menu alongside a creative coffee and drinks menu. We are hiring an experienced cafe assistant manager to help run our day-to-day operations and assist our manager.
Job Description The Cafe Assistant Manager will help oversee all aspects of service and production within the cafe floor team. They will work closely with the Cafe Manager to help create an atmosphere of quality customer service in line with our values at PCP. This is a great opportunity to learn what it will take to manage an industry-leading cafe, with support and guidance from management, this is a helpful ‘stepping stone’ to Cafe Management with the opportunity to grow in future roles with increased responsibility if you remain loyal to the company.
The Cafe Assistant Manager will have demonstrated experience in customer service, leading a team, managing tasks to a high level of proficiency and developing an understanding of the identity of the business. A key aspect of the role will be able to monitor and support staff. Assisting the cafe manager in training and maintenance of high customer service standards. They will occasionally report to management about the progress of the business when required.
Applicants must have a proven ability to provide quality customer service. They will have strong knowledge of coffee products, menu items, and merchandise. They show intuition during customer interactions and a passion for catering to individual customer needs. They uphold the values of PCP and monitor products and services to ensure they are consistent with PCP standards.
The Cafe Assistant Manager must have excellent communication skills in all staff and customer interactions. A big part of the job is to help manage floor staff by supporting them during training, resolving conflict, and ensuring communication of any conflicts with the Cafe Manager. Our cafe manager and management team are available to provide guidance and support for these interactions.
- monitoring flow of all sections of the cafe and product consistency
- cashing in and cashing up
- supervise new and existing staff, ensuring customer service standards are upheld
- supervise the completion of daily tasks
- perform any additional ordering and maintenance tasks as required
- completing the daily manager's report. (A template and guidance will be provided)
Key responsibilities & duties
- Upholds PCP’s customer service standards at all times
- Oversees ordering of goods.
- Maintains a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Leads by example with punctuality, cleanliness and professionalism
- Anticipates needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
- Oversees and motivates the team during service and completion of tasks
- Assisting the cafe manager with rostering. This usually looks like drafting the next week's roster for the cafe manager to approve
- 15% Employee discount across our venues. Paramount House Hotel, Reuben Hills, A.P. Bakery, Mama’s Boy
- Free drinks
- Free staff meal
- Salary packaging, with overtime penalty rates, and paid leave
- Opportunity to work with Industry leaders. Russell Beard, and Mark Dunton
- Support from management and room for growth in an evolving hospitality company
- Monthly tips
- Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of their position
- Reports to the Cafe Manager with any concerns
- Shift length: You can expect a 5, 8, or 10-hour shift
- Cafe opening hours: 7 am-4 pm, Monday-Sunday. With an expectation of one weekend day, unless in emergencies
Health & Safety
- Follows health and safety guidelines for all products.
- Follows store procedures for operational flow at each station
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotation and storing products
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with duty rosters and cleaning standards
- Maintains all equipment and resolves issues
- Manage staff development and ongoing training with the guidance of the Cafe Manager
- Develop and maintain a positive inter-staff culture by showing leadership in professional conduct and respectful communication.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Location: Surry Hills, NSW 2010: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Assistant manager or supervisors position: 1 year (Preferred)
- RSA (Preferred)
- If you do not currently hold an RSA qualification we can arrange one for you
- Australia (Required)
- If you are on any type of Visa, you must be approved for at least 12 months of full-time work in Australia
Summary of role requirements:
- Looking for candidates available to work on weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- 1 year of relevant work experience required for this role
- Work visa can be provided for this role