Job Title Customer Onboarding Manager
Customer Onboarding Manager New Candidate Briefing
Hiring Manager: Adrian Pratama Remuneration Manager: Lewis Barnes WIP cadence: Weekly on Friday
Hiring Process 1. Meet candidate - Hiring Manager (20 mins) 2. 2nd interview - With Other Team Member and if strong candidate, include relevant
Co-Founder (20 mins) 3. Assignment presentation - Hiring Manager and Solutions Architect (40 mins) 4. Final Interview - Co-Founder(s) (30 mins) 5. Verbal offer 6. Reference checks 7. Agreement sent & signed
Name / Title Booking details & Zoom links
Adrian Pratama - Director of Solutions Architecture and Onboarding
firstname.lastname@example.org / https://calendly.com/adrian-northstar/interview
Lewis Barnes - Co-Founder email@example.com / https://zoom.us/s/2295687986
Christopher Fennell - Co-Founder firstname.lastname@example.org https://meetings.hubspot.com/christopher-fennell https://zoom.us/j/93720080570
Simeon Lukich - Solutions Architect email@example.com
Julian Ryles - Customer Onboarding Manager
Cleo Virgona - Director of Account Management
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR / CRITERIA TO ASSESS CANDIDATE
Success areas Consulting firms - the client facing element, comfortable with being moved from project
to project, building relationships quickly, comfort with learning about clients business/technology in a quick time period. All this stuff lends itself to being a good COM. We've found folks wanting to leave the pwcs, EYs etc especially where they have been involved in more tech focused competency in consulting to be particularly strong.
- Technology agencies - they have to be working with the customer at a consulting capacity whilst overseeing the successful implementation of the project. They should have a good understanding of the technology that they’re implementing and aren't too reliant on their technical resources.
- One of the following: Exposure to CRM / digital marketing technologies. Exposure to Braze partners, e.g. Twilio, SendGrid, Segment, Tealium, Branch,
Appsflyer, Amplitude, etc. Computer Science background.
Gotchas Project Managers/Implementation managers - the title of "Onboarding Manager" is pretty
bleurgh tbh and can mean all manner of things. Whilst SaaS project managers/implementation/onboarding managers is obviously a useful pool to look at, worth digging into the complexity of what an implementation of that tool actually looked like. e.g. was their previous company quite a plug and play solution, in which case they were really just trainers for software, as opposed to having any pure play project management and system integration exposure. We don’t want a project manager that just manages resources.
- Over-index on technical experience (more than you think!) - where the person hasn't had some technical background/exposure/interest, unless you have people already in place that can hand hold, then it'll be overwhelming compared to other roles/platforms. The level of knowledge on SDKs/data planning/server technology etc is a lot compared to other similar roles in industry so focusing on an "Implementation Manager" or "Project Architect" may lead you to more suitable candidates.
- We don’t want someone with an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) background. Whilst they are technical, it’s in a completely different spectrum to the space Braze operates in.
JOB DESCRIPTION Customer Onboarding Manager (or Customer Implementation Manager)
WHO WE ARE An incredible opportunity has arisen as a Customer Onboarding Manager for Braze with North Star.
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Canva, Disney, THE ICONIC, REA Group and KFC, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. Each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze, with Braze being named in Forbes Cloud 100 and often in the far top right quadrant in the top marketing analysis reports.
Australia and New Zealand’s most innovative brands have chosen to work with North Star to drive the most innovative and cutting edge customer experiences through Braze and North Star’s marketers, engineers and strategists. A near 100% retention rate has seen North Star reach triple digits YoY growth, making it one of the fastest growing companies in the region.
We are looking for a Customer Onboarding Manager to join our Onboarding team. You will be jointly defining a milestone and use case with the customer and proactively guiding them to achieve value from their Braze investment in the fastest possible time.
Being part of our team, you’ll be helping brands unlock values from a modern marketing stack (none of those legacy cloud ones).
WHAT YOU’LL DO Project manage a portfolio of enterprise customer onboardings to successful outcomes,
accelerating Time to Value, growing and retaining customers. As one of our Braze experts, you’ll guide the customer through the onboarding process
and lead them with best practices and experiences. You’ll be showing them the cool things Braze can do.
- Collaborate with internal technical resources to empower and train customers to use Braze’s platform and powerful features as efficiently as possible.
- Engage with customer stakeholders to understand their business and technical goals for using Braze, building credible relationships throughout the customer organization, from senior staff to Braze end users.
Coordinate effectively with client agencies and third parties to drive desired outcomes. Help drive early adoption, setting KPIs and success metrics for ROI. Design and continually improve processes and materials that enhance efficiency and
customer experience during onboarding. Effectively deliver and tailor engaging enablement, training and workshops.
- Where required, tailor 1:1 onsite and remote onboardings to meet client needs and exceed expectations.
WHO YOU ARE 3 years+ managing mid-market or enterprise implementation projects (with ACV of up to
$250K annually) across multiple senior client stakeholders at a SaaS company or similar. Good communicator with strong influencing skills. Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities. You have technical domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile,
APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Analytics or Programming (HTML etc). You’re known for being a good collaborator and can motivate or maintain enthusiasm
throughout the onboarding engagement. High level of intellectual curiosity. Project management experience, dealing with large and complex implementations within
highly matrixed organizations. Ideally, you’ll have formal certifications (PMP, PMgP, Agile, Prince2 etc).
- Familiarity of or have practiced Agile methodology.
WHAT WE OFFER A fast moving, tech start-up culture where openness, curiosity, collaboration and career growth are encouraged and supported. Our team aren’t just software people, you’ll find minds from marketing, engineering and many more backgrounds that will challenge your thinking. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with inspiring customers, many of whom are the leading brands in the world at what they do.
• Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture • Flexible time off to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best • A culture of innovation around processes, there’s no one best way to achieve one goal • Travel (when the borders open) to customers and other Braze offices globally