Job Title Aerospace Engineering
Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), has been enabling global flight with passion since 1967. From a single maintenance hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 50 locations and 4,000 employees worldwide, our offering includes Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Maintenance, and Staffing. We are the effort behind effortless. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!Your Opportunity
Reporting to Senior Leadership, the PC-21 Senior Maintenance Manager East Sale is accountable for the most efficient operation and co-ordination of all activities related to the East Sale PC-21 Fleet. This includes; utilisation of Hangar resource activities, planning, materials and equipment to ensure end to end program delivery to customer financial, regulatory and compliance objectives, in close working relationship with the Contracting Authority and the Commonwealth End-Users to ensure program success. The successful candidate will balance the priorities of projects and deliveries within a fast paced and multi-disciplinary team.
This position will be responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and developing others to ensure maintenance performed in the facility is conducted in compliance with relevant Company policies and procedures and Industry regulations.
- Leading proactive responses and be solutions focused to audit findings of internal and external audits and take definitive action to develop and implement remedial and corrective actions against audit findings and corrective action requests.
- Actively participate, comply and positively promote Jet Aviation WH&S and Environment programs and Aviation Safety Management System.
- Ensuring tooling calibration and document control procedures are adhered to in compliance with Company Policy and Aviation regulatory requirements.
- Performing regular inspection of facilities to ensure preventative and ongoing maintenance schedules are being performed.
- Senior Operational management of the East Sale PC-21 Programs Facility, providing clear directions and decisions to job/project owners on the planned and daily utilisation of People, Material and Equipment.
- Operational oversight of Hangar planning including, Time Lines, Spares and Logistics, Facilities, General Resources, Maintenance Resources, Sub-contractors, Fleet Planning requirements to ensure contractual and site obligations and objectives are met.
- Daily Management of facility employees providing regular feedback, coaching, guidance and support. Ensuring that personnel are being held to account for their roles and responsible requirements, and deficiencies in services or responsibility deliverables are addressed timely.
- Nominate maintenance tasks to be performed by duly authorised personnel and aircrew as nominated in Approved Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE).
- Establishing and maintain control programs and systems, setting maintenance limits with respect to company and customer policies, procedures and deliverables.
- Ensuring that job packs for projects are reviewed to ensure they are complete, reflect customer requirements and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for the most effective planning and allocation of manpower, materials and equipment to ensure maintenance and modifications are completed to agreed timelines to meet customer expectations, contractual obligations and financial targets.
- Reviewing of daily reporting on aircraft availability to proactively support efficient planning and prevent maintenance over runs.
- Operational Approval of employee leave and training requirements considering peak times and Customer needs, tracking and monitoring to minimise impact on planned work, to ensure on time delivery of Services and contractual performance targets are met.
- Delegating and review survey and quote (S&Qs) activities for additional work ensuring accuracy, completion, and authorisation.
- Oversight of closed job/projects are provided to senior leadership, Administration Team and Technical records for process of invoices and documents at job/project completion to ensure timely accurate planning and financial reporting.
- Lead continuous improvement activities ensuring they are adequately on track liaising with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Maintain awareness of the changing environment being mindful of opportunities that arise for the company, including opportunities for improvement in contract delivery in consultation with senior leadership.
- In conjunction with senior leadership, provide oversight and input into the PC-21 East Sale budget and financial achievement to ensure budget performance is in accordance with forecast planning.
- In conjunction with senior leadership and PMO teams, proactively engage in contractual management matters to ensure contractual compliance, performance and outcomes are met.
- Working in conjunction with senior leadership and Defence Teams:
- Contribute to establishing work scope and formalise agreements with Customers.
- Proactively provide regular feedback on progress of planned maintenance including additional work required outside of initial agreed job criteria to ensure efficient planning.
- Provide regular updates on all maintenance activities and relevant status including delays, critical issues and risks to Senior Leadership.
- Provide response to customer queries and complaints as required.
- A Bachelor of Engineering Degree under an Australian accredited or recognised program in Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering, with at least 5 year of engineering experience; or Diploma level, or equivalent, (as demonstrated by attaining chartered status) qualification in appropriately related aviation field.
- Chartered Engineer Status (CPEng, CEngT or CEngA) status with the Institution of Engineers Australia or equivalent.
- Possess a highly developed familiarity with industry maintenance aspects including commercial qualities within an aviation environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply military and civil airworthiness requirements, processes and procedures, regulations, systems, processes and industry frameworks.
- Well-developed understanding of principles of project management and risk management with the ability to lead/manage problem solving as required.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to identify your audience in communicating on technical and non-technical issues with subordinate staff together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Business Acumen with Strong Negotiation Skills and Relationship Management with the influence to achieve results.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and within limited supervision.
- Understanding of working within matrix structures or similar medium to large enterprise, with an appreciation for it's governance providing timely, transparent reporting (both written and verbal) and producing commercially minded suggestions and solutions.
- Demonstrates a forward focus, engaging partners in translating business priorities into concrete actions.
- Continuously in discussion with senior leadership refines program commitment prioritisation through stakeholder feedback and insight.
- Inspires others to embrace change initiatives, overcoming barriers and resistance through pro-active consultation and engagement.
- Promptly identifies the potential for bias and coaches through decision making.
- Coaches others, encouraging critical reflection, ownership for problems and discovery of self-led solutions.
- Achieves active participation and buy-in to the program by communicating with presence and pride for its intended outcomes.
- Fosters a culture of celebration by visibly sharing team successes and supporting others to do the same.
- Engages others in open dialogue and identification of initiatives that support safe and inclusive practices.
Candidates of the Australian Public Service, Defence, or Defence Industry with experience operating and delivering within defence industry air programs with an enterprise success approach would be highly regarded.How to apply?
Your application must consist of the following:
- Acknowledgement that you have a current legal right to work in Australia, as well as hold or be able to attain an ADF security clearance;
- 1-2 Page Cover letter addressing prior experience in the context to the accountable and responsible deliverables set out above;
- A copy of your updated CV.
As part of the selection process applicants will be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:
- Pre-employment functional assessment, which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- Psychometric Testing.
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Working with Children & Young People Verification.
- Defence site location in a fast paced and inclusive team.
- Competitive salary with relocation assistance.
- Access to the #1 meditation app - Calm.
- Online Workout and Wellness Classes with app - Boxx.
- Fast and efficient learning with app - Magpie.
- Discounts across 100+ major retailers.
- Annual Flu Vaccination program.
- Salary Packaging available for novated vehicle leasing.