Job Title Programme & Project Management
- Scrum Master Lead role working in our Digital team
- Flexible working options available
- Permanent role based in our Collingwood head office in Melbourne CBD
Jetstar thrives on innovation! We are always looking to employ ambitious and proactive professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice.
The Digital Scrum Master Lead role is within the Customer & Commercial team. Digital is Jetstar’s key store front & self-service channel. Our squads are doing important work that will make a real difference to our customers and Jetstar teams. Jetstar Digital is seeking a servant-leader Scrum Master Lead to join the Delivery Leadership team and drive performance of our squads.
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Build a high performing Scrum Master team - We currently have a team of 6 Scrum Masters, covering our squads. They have asked for a servant-leader who can coach them to be better Scrum Masters. The Scrum Master Lead builds and retains the existing team, as well as recruiting scrum masters to join new squads.
- Evolve our way of working - Scrum is the core of our ways of working, which we have extended with our Jetstar Agile Framework to solve for other considerations, including cyber security. As the Scrum Master Lead, you will own these ways of working, implement them in our squads, and proactively identify and implement improvements. You will also coach and train new and existing team members in our ways of working.
- Foster squad empowerment - Our people achieve results for our customers and Jetstar teams. Empowering teams is essential to achieving these results. As the Scrum Master Lead, you will actively improve engagement, psychological safety and ensure ways of working foster empowerment.
- Lift usage of evidence-based metrics - We have developed a suite of evidence-based metrics (such as cycle time). These allow us to make better decisions based on evidence. As the Scrum Master Lead you will build this suite and drive appropriate usage of metrics.
- Drive people planning & scrum-of-scrum for squads - Our squads are cross-functional (DEV, QA, PO, BA, UX, etc.) and require the right skills to deliver their roadmaps. The Scrum Master Lead facilitates regular cross-team people planning to ensure we make priority-aligned decisions and effectively communicate team member changes. The Scrum Master Lead will also facilitate a scrum-of-scrum meeting to identify and manage dependencies between teams.
- Delivery Assurance & address common and cross-squad blockers - We want to empower teams to remove their own blockers, but sometimes they can’t, or a common issue is blocking multiple squads. In this case the Scrum Master Lead should step in to protect squad delivery by resolving blockers. We also want a Scrum Master lead who can identify issues early, and take corrective action to protect our delivery.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 5+ years working as a Scrum Master in an Agile environment, ideally in Digital
- 2+ years’ experience in leadership roles
- Practical experience in Scrum and other Agile frameworks - Kanban, LeSS and/or Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
- Advanced facilitation skills
- Communication skills
- Experience in delivering change in organisations
- Jira expert, particularly using Jira as project admin with ability to build metrics from Jira
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched in 2004.
Collectively the Jetstar Group offers more than 5,000 (pre-COVID) flights a week to 58 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region. The Group operates a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, including Airbus A320-200, Airbus A321 and Boeing 787-8.
Jetstar's mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Applications close: 17th January 2023