Job Title Management
Creating a brighter future for all
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Marketing & Communications Manager to provide ongoing strategic marketing and communications direction, management support and advice to senior stakeholders within an allocated academic group. In this role you will lead the development and implementation of your academic group’s marketing and communications plans, aligned to the University’s strategic objectives, and engaging all audiences including prospective and current students, alumni, donors, staff, and corporate partners.
As a Senior Business Partner, you will have significant marketing and communications experience in higher education or the service sector as well as demonstrated ability to provide management support and high-level advice to senior stakeholders. You will also manage an embedded team of marketing and communications specialists and be responsible for leading the business partnership between the Marketing and Communications unit and the academic group.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Develop, manage and implement the academic group's marketing and communications plans, aligned to the University’s corporate marketing and communications strategy, to achieve student recruitment, reputation and research objectives.
- Provide strategic marketing direction, support and advice to senior executives including the Pro Vice Chancellor, Deans and Senior Managers within the academic group.
- Manage the academic group’s embedded marketing and communications specialist team to develop, manage and implement all marketing and communications activities.
- Work in close collaboration with the Head of Business Partnerships, business partner colleagues and other senior colleagues within Marketing and Communications to manage resources, work prioritisation and monitor workflow, output and performance.
- Analyse and evaluate key student, financial and business data to optimise performance of marketing and communications strategies and activities against group and University strategic objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships across colleagues and stakeholders for the shared goal of delivering on the University’s objectives.
What we can offer
This is a fixed term (until 31 December 2023), full time position and can be primarily based at the Griffith University Gold Coast or Nathan campus. As Griffith is a multi-campus University you may be required to work across other campus locations.
The full time equivalent base salary will be HEW Level 9 range $117,320 - $121,515 per annum + 17% superannuation. The total FTE package will be in the range $137,264 - $142172 per annum.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to building effective business partnerships. You will also have, but not limited to:
- Tertiary qualifications and subsequent marketing and communications experience in higher education/or a related industry
- High level professional competence and understanding of integrated marketing and communication practices in higher education or the service sector.
- Demonstrated track record in managing, developing and motivating a marketing and/or communications team, creating an environment that supports staff to meet operational objectives and targets.
- Proven ability to analyse complex data as input to developing marketing and communications strategy.
- Demonstrated high level of digital marketing and communications expertise, including digital media, marketing automation and customer experience/relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to manage strategic projects and engage a diverse range of stakeholders providing responsive business partnership.
- Demonstrated high level communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, particularly in the provision of strategic advice and business partnering with senior executives on marketing strategy and activity.
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment.
- salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering statement outlining your suitability for the role referring to the Qualifications listed above and the position description.
- Current curriculum vitae, including name and contact details.
Click here to view the Position Description.
For further information specifically about this role, please contact Rachel Christie, Head of Business Partnerships on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For application and recruitment advice, please contact Jake Barwick, Talent Acquisition Partner on email@example.com.
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011.
Closing date: Sunday, 29 January at 5 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.