Job Title Commercial & Corporate Law
Salary 124,900 AUD (per year)
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Seeking a Commercial Officer with Defence or similar experience to provide commercial advice in this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Commercial Officer in our Hydrographic In
Service Support team based in Cairns, Queensland.
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Commercial Officer, you will be accountable for providing commercial
support to assist the BAE Systems Maritime Australia project teams in effectively
managing the Hydrographic In Service Support (HISS) Progam.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide commercial advice and assistance to internal project stakeholders
- Conduct administration of the HISS head contract in accordance with company procedures including contributing to assessing contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Contribute to the day to day management of customer and other external parties on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues in support of the HISS head contract obligations
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice and implement into the contractual and commercial matter
- Prepare and maintain contract obligation tracking and measurement
- Review, prepare and manage customer and company communications and correspondence
- In consultation with the customer, prepare contract amendments and change proposals following commercial assessment of HISS head contract implications
- Support estimating and pricing analysis and contribute to commercial assessment with management and the customer under the HISS head contract
- Contribute to review and approval of internal governance requirements and reporting
- Review and contribute to confidentiality and other agreements
- Contribute to the development and implementation of contractual and commercial matters pertaining to combat system integration activities with internal, external and customer stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- A relevant qualification coupled with commercial / contract management experience, ideally gained in a similar industry. Experience of ASDEFCON would be ideal.
- The ability to form strong working relationships in a project environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own activities to meet program schedules
- Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance
For the opportunity to become part of their high performing team and excellent culture, please click “apply now”. For a confidential discussion, please contact Wendy Hammond on 0466 596 260.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.