Job Title Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
Category Logistics Analysts
Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
About the team
The Commercial Function on the Sydney Metro West Project, led by the Deputy Executive Director, Commercial Project Delivery (West) within Sydney Metro West, is part of the Office of the Chief Executive reporting to the Executive Director Commercial. The Deputy Executive Director is supported by a number of Directors Commercial for work packages for Tunnels, Stations & Stations Systems, Linewide, Train, Signalling & Train Control, and Enabling works.
We have an opportunity for a Commercial Director, Stations to join Australia’s biggest public transport infrastructure program, reshaping transport solutions and making a genuine difference for the people of NSW.
You will lead, direct, plan and manage the commercial team engaged to procure and deliver the 9 stations (including 5 integrated station developments entailing below ground station and over-station developments) and station system frameworks for provision of certain consistent systems. You will promote a whole of business strategic commercial perspective, providing an integrated and consistent approach to commercial activities. This includes the implementation of a commercial framework to manage commercial risk, deliver value for money and ensure consistent high quality outcomes.
The role provides a high level of professional guidance in the development, implementation and continued monitoring of the organisation’s commercial activities including procurement to achieve agreed objectives and best practice, consistency and efficiency.
The role also directs and manages commercially based control initiatives that are integrated with functional groups and teams. The role works closely with Deputy Executive Directors on commercial activities.
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
- Demonstrated experience in driving commercial outcomes on complex, multi-contract infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing and directing corporate, business wide commercial requirements both strategic and transactional to driving consistency, value for money and optimising business outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and driving robust Commercial governance, compliance, control and appropriate controls systems (both information and technological) to manage and report risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience with industry, supply chain, supplier relationship and market development initiatives.
- Demonstrate experience of resolution of construction contract disputes and robust post contract management.
- Successful experience leading the commercial function on projects and managing teams.
- A strong all-rounder with preconstruction, procurement, delivery and general contracting experience
- Using proven communication and stakeholder management skills you will be developing trusted and productive internal and external business relationships.
- Tertiary degree level qualification in a relevant discipline from a recognized tertiary institution
- Preference for chartered status from a recognized professional body
Salary and Benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service role offering an attractive remuneration package. For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Tuesday 15th June 2021
The way we work is evolving, and we want to enable our people to work in ways that work for them. We’re moving from predominantly office-based work to a more flexible approach that supports working from different locations, including regionally. If you’re interested in working from a location not listed in the job ad, please get in touch with the Talent Specialist to discuss what’s possible.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
For any enquiries, please email Namrita Sandhu at NAMRITA.SANDHU@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU .
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro.