Job Title Commercial Manager
Category Managers, All Other
About The Role
Reporting to the Services Director, the primary responsibility of the Commercial Manager is to provide commercial leadership and directly manage the commercial, risk and financial administration processes for the Head Contract and Subcontract’s whilst maintaining Ventia standards and governance requirements.
The successful applicant will also be expected to develop and mentor the Engineering and Maintenance teams to improve commercial acumen and ensure that Services are delivered within time, cost and quality requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being the commercial lead on work winning and pre-contract activities
- Preparation of commercial critical risk reviews and strategy
- Undertaking regular detailed reviews of project performance/compliance with standard commercial and contract administration systems and processes
- Ensuring commercial activities are executed in accordance with Ventia approvals and procedures
- Drive commercial excellence in contract delivery
- Early detection of potential commercial issues and implementing strategy to resolve them promptly and a to satisfactory outcome.
- Delivery of accurate reporting to senior management
- Increase commercial acumen and knowledge of delivery teams
- Identify synergies across delivery teams and regions to streamline processes and delivery of services
- Implement actions to address legal and regulatory requirements and company business standards, processes and Group policies
- Participating and contributing to the effectiveness of Ventia safety activities
To ensure success in this role, you will have a Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Building, Quantity Surveying, Law or business management, accompanied with a extensive experience in commercial or Construction Management roles of infrastructure contracts.
You will also possess the following:
- Experience as a Commercial Manager working in PPP environments, particularly in the transport sector
- Being involved in all commercial interactions between the PPP parties
- Maintaining register and documentation of all commercial issues
- Oversight of the performance management framework (KPI / Abatements / Lane Availability)
- Oversight of contractual reporting and administration
- Management of Service Payments
- Lead procurement activities including market development, social procurement and aboriginal procurement.
- Ensure all contract accounting and financial data is maintained, analysed and reported upon as required under the Head Contract and Ventia standards
- Consistent monitoring, evaluation and reporting of budgets and operational performance, service and quality standards and the efficiency of staff and processes
- Keeping abreast of governance, regulatory and industrial obligations
- Implement actions to address legal and regulatory requirements and company business standards, processes and Group policies.
- Maintaining registers of all commercial issues.
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history.
Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it.
Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Business Manager, Performance Management, Law, Engineering, Management, Human Resources, Legal