Job Title Mining - Exploration & Geoscience
Category Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
DEPCO Drilling is a privately owned independent Drilling company servicing the Mine, Mineral and Agricultural sectors across QLD offering a diverse range of drilling styles and techniques.
DEPCO Drilling are seeking entry level offsiders to join our team.
This is a “green” entry level position in the drilling industry and offers the applicant and great and rewarding lifestyle.
Your role as a Driller's Assistant is to change the drill rods, take dirt samples, clean the rigs and assist the driller. You will be trained to a high quality and will work closely with the driller for learning and progression purposes. All assistants are placed in a team environment on the drill rigs providing support and a team culture.
We are looking for:
- Previous manual labour work experience essential
- A good attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Mechanical knowledge is desired.
- Must be over the age of 18 year of age.
- Experience in operating farm or earthmoving equipment desirable
- Valid manual drivers’ licence
- A good work ethic and attitude.
This IS your foot in the door. Start next week!
In return you can expect
- Leadership and training from top performing Drillers
- Consistent rosters throughout 2021 and beyond
- On the job training
- Inductions, tickets and license upgrades
- Career paths through internal promotions
- Competitive hourly rate with annual leave, sick leave
- PPE provided
10-12 hours days
Please note that this position is very labour intensive and requires working outdoors in remote areas in sometimes extreme weather conditions.