Job Title Mining - Exploration & Geoscience
Category Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. The company's Global Drilling Services division operates in over 40 countries with a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals.
We are expanding our workforce due to growth in our Underground diamond drilling operations and are currently taking applications for Driller Assistants who are production-driven with a strong commitment to Health & Safety and have a strong team focus for our expanding South Australian operations.
Desired candidates will have experience offsiding and a demonstrated history of working to strict safety and quality standards. Entry level positions also available for people from blue collar backgrounds.
Safety and a zero harm culture is a core part of our business. To ensure the safety of all employees, successful candidates will need to meet the essential requirements of a pre-employment medical.
About the Role:
• 2:1 FIFO roster
• Conducting Daily pre-start equipment checks
• Assisting with routine maintenance
• Maintaining a clean and hazard free work environment
• Conducting and completing necessary safety paperwork and processes
• Experience in a Diamond Offsider position (highly desirable)
• Current C Class Driver’s License
• National Police Clearance
• First Aid and CPR certificate
• Right to work in Australia
• Demonstrated personal commitment to safety
• Can-do attitude and team player
In return, you will receive:
• Full time position, bonus eligibility, leave entitlements
- Driller Assistant 1 (entry level) - $347.75 day rate
- Driller Assistant 2 (experience) - $407.02 day rate + bonus
• Flights (from Adelaide), site accommodation and all meals provided
• Excellent ongoing training with the opportunity for career progression
+ Working for one of the world's leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive SA operations
Want to know more? Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application now!
Safety and a zero-harm culture is a core part of our business. To ensure the safety of all employees, successful candidates will need to meet the essential requirements of a pre-employment medical.
As part of our commitment to create a diverse and inclusive workplace, Boart Longyear seeks to have a diverse candidate shortlist for this vacancy. Applicants are strongly encouraged from experienced women and men, people with disabilities, and indigenous and ethnically diverse candidates.