Job Title Registered Nurse Portland
Category Registered Nurses
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $33.13- $46.51 per hour
Hours Per Week: 19
Requisition ID: REQ259297
Applications close: 01/10/2021
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community.
NBMLHD is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
About the Role
- To ensure optimal outcomes for residents/patients/clients and carers of the service through the promotion of best practice including the appropriate escalation of care
- To work collaboratively utilising effective team communication with members of the multidisciplinary health team in the planning, implementation, assessment and evaluation of resident/patient care
- To act as an advocate for the specific needs of all resident/patients/clients and carers including those from the indigenous population or other multi-cultural groups providing appropriate care to the resident/patient/client undergoing specialised procedures
- To maintain and promote a professional standard evidenced by ethical nursing practice, adherence to the policies and procedures of the Nursing and Midwifery Service, NBMLHD and the appropriate legislation and statutory regulations
- To provide support and clinical preceptorship/mentoring to all staff and students
- To effectively manage resources relevant to the service.
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ZhAGF38E10CN2upBndvfA
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
If you read this and think “Wow – that’s me!” then please review the position description and selection criteria for the role. You will need to submit an application electronically by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. So that we truly understand how perfect you are for this role, please ensure that you detail your experience, skills, knowledge and any other relevant information by responding to each selection criteria.
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection criteria to be addressed:
- Current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated experience and clinical skill in Aged Care Nursing as a Registered Nurse (including Completion of a new graduate RN program or equivalent experience working as a Registered Nurse)
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to provide person centred care
- Demonstrated effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Ability to work a flexible roster, day, evening or night shift across all days of the week according to the unit/service requirements
Need more information?
For role related queries or questions contact Nichole Simmons on Nichole.Simmons@health.nsw.gov.au