Job Title Automotive Trades
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
Apprentice Diesel Mechanic Wanted - JUMP START YOUR CAREER NOW!
Busways is the largest Australian private bus company, committed to providing safe, reliable bus services. We are currently looking for self-motivated individuals to join our growing team across our North Coast depots as a First Year Apprentice Diesel Mechanic.
We are currently looking to employ an apprentice diesel mechanic at the following depot:
Our workshop staff play a critical role within the business to ensure our ever-evolving fleet of vehicles are continually maintained to the highest standard to keep our staff and passengers safe out on the road.
This is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career with Busways and be part of a growing company and a friendly team environment, whilst learning a trade.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work alongside trade qualified staff to keep our fleet moving whilst learning a trade
- Assist in maintaining a fleet of vehicles including the latest models and innovative vehicle technology
- Participate in an extensive training program and continual support
- Work locally and support your community
The successful applicants will be entering into a 4-year training contract within a secure employment environment. You will receive full on the job' and TAFE training as well as guidance and assistance from a mentor with solid mechanical experience.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, this role requires you to have a mature and professional approach with excellent communication skills. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under supervision, learning the skills required to be part of the Workshop team
- Performing minor repairs and service of vehicles and equipment, in a timely manner, within your skill level and experience under the supervision of a qualified tradesperson
- Undertaking a nationally recognised training program as a Diesel Mechanic
- Completing all units of the Apprenticeship to the required standards and within the required time frame(s)
- Attending all required TAFE classes under the guidance of your mentors, supervisor and teachers
- Adhering to all Work, Health & Safety requirements whilst performing work duties
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess:
- A completed School Certificate or High School Certificate
- Good Mathematics, Science and English skills
- A genuine interest in a Diesel Mechanic career
- Good communication skills
- Strong focus on safety in the workplace
- A positive Can Do' attitude, self-motivated, conscientious and eager to learn
- The ability to take direction and show initiative
- Current driver's licence or ability to obtain once you meet the minimum eligibility requirements
- A strong work ethic which means you will be reliable, punctual and honest and committed to completing your trade qualification
If you think this role is suited to you or you would like to learn more, we would love to hear from you! To apply for the role, click 'Apply for this job'. You will be required to submit a resume, cover letter and copies of your last two school reports to us.
Busways is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people representing all diversity groups and ages such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people, LGBTI, people with disabilities, religious beliefs and ethnicity.