Job Title Management
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
In Vitro Technologies are the premier supplier of products for cell biology and translational research throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our range of consumables, reagents, and laboratory equipment provide excellent solutions to our life science customers’ workflow in the areas of Cancer, Neuroscience, Immunology, Cell & Gene therapy, Diabetes & Obesity, Cardiology, Pharmacology, and Drug Discovery.
As the Scientific Division at In Vitro continues to grow, we are seeking to appoint a full-time National Sales Manager to join our team.
As the National Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible to direct and oversee the life science sales team, policies, objectives and initiatives; set sales strategies and evaluate effectiveness of current sales strategies; make recommendations on marketing needs and strategies to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. You will be familiar with sales concepts, practices and procedures and call on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals whilst leading and mentoring the sales team. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of what motivates customers to purchase and know how to translate those needs and desires into an effective return for the business.
This is an opportunity to build on existing sales management experience and develop the direct sales and sales support teams as they assist industry leading scientists in their research and development within Australia’s advancing Research and Biotechnology market. In order to support the scientific business, the role will include management and delivery on budget responsibilities for the sales teams and working closely with the marketing team for on-going market feedback and implementation of marketing plans set out by the marketing team.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Business Unit Manager and is based in Melbourne. In this role you will engage on a day-to-day basis with a team including scientific Product Managers, our Scientific Territory Management Team, Marketing Specialists and the In Vitro Operations teams. In Vitro Technologies provides a flexible working environment and is a dynamic company that creates on-going opportunities for advancing your skills and capabilities to enable your career progression.
What does your day-to-day look like?
- Support and guide the Territory Management team as they talk to scientists about their research and identify products and services that might assist their workflow
- Implement sales strategies and actions plans in alignment with marketing strategies
- Work with the product management team to identify new opportunities and leads for the Sales Team
- Spend time in the market during customer visits, trade events and national conferences
- Identify new sales opportunities in the market and guide the sales team accordingly
- Work with the In Vitro Technologies operations teams with a customer first mentality to improve the customers’ experience
- Personnel management of the Life Science Sales Team
- Implementation and co-ordination of market strategies compiled by product managers
- Feedback of market information to product managers and BU manager
- Target management
- Input into the budget process
- Identify new opportunities in the scientific market
- Build a dynamic and focused sales team.
- Develop sales team sales skills
Required skills & qualifications
- Bachelors Qualification in Medical Sciences as a minimum
- Min 2+ years experience in Sales Management in Life Science sales
- Outstanding communication, scientific presentation and business development skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, confident and engaging
- Knowledge of the life science and biotechnology landscape in Australia and New Zealand
- Commercial acumen: ability to identify and pursue commercial opportunities; providing solutions to meet customer needs
To be successful you will have a strong sales background preferably in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or translational research. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills, be self-motivated and confident with a thorough understanding of the sales process and sales management.
- Salary and incentives commensurate with your experience
- Car Allowance
- Occasional International Travel as required
- National Sales conference & team building activities
- Training on new scientific technologies and products
- Professional development opportunities to enhance and broaden skill sets
- Laptop & Phone
- Free Parking
To learn more about what it’s like to work at In Vitro visit our careers page https://lifescience.invitro.com.au/l/careers
For more information or to apply for this great role contact:
Mala Reddy | at email@example.com
Applications for this role will close on 28th May 2021.