Job Title Aged & Disability Support
Category Social and Community Service Managers
- Permanent Part Time position available
- Located at Arundel Woodlands Lodge Aged Care Facility
- $23.39 per hour + 10% Super + Not for Profit Salary Packaging + Penalties & Allowances
We’re seeking an enthusiastic Activities Officer to lead fun and informal activities for our residents in Arundel Woodlands Lodge Aged Care Facility.
You’ll develop, coordinate and lead activities for our residents aimed at fulfilling their social and recreational needs, supporting their independence and improving their quality of life.
It will be important for you to observe and record the effectiveness of the programs by monitoring residents’ ongoing progress and adjusting the programs to any developing needs.
You might also find yourself transporting residents (as requested and approved in Blue Care vehicles) on outings and attending to resident/client personal care needs as required.
What you’ll need:
You’ll have experience coordinating activities for resident/clients – both in a residential home and in the community. You’ll demonstrate an awareness and consideration of the social and recreational needs of residents/clients, and how you’ve previously adapted your programs and activities accordingly. You’ll have:
- Certificate III Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability Support
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates or willingness to obtain
- Blue Card and Yellow Card or willingness to obtain
- Experience with technology incl. smartphones, tablets, laptops etc
- Confidence to satisfy the relevant probity checks required by legislation or policies
Supporting our clients in the best way possible is important to us. To be employed by Blue Care, you will be required to complete the free NDIS Worker Orientation Module prior to commencement and provide a copy of your certificate on completion.
Supporting you to support others.
We’ve been caring for Queenslander’s for over 65 years. Whether we’re on the road, in people’s homes or in our centres, everything our dedicated team of more than 8,000 people do is built on enabling independence, choice and freedom. We’re proudly not-for-profit and offer you:
- Access to salary packaging & meal and entertainment benefits
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Employee assistance, health & wellness programs
- Values-based culture & rewards and recognition
- Ongoing learning & development
Ready to work together?
Our application process takes less than 15 minutes – Click the ‘APPLY’ button below to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. We know that when our people feel respected and valued, we empower them to share that within the communities we serve and to provide the very best care. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Blue Care adheres to state and Commonwealth directions regarding mandatory vaccination requirements within Residential Aged Care Facilities. Applicants must meet the vaccination requirements applicable or be willing to obtain should they be the successful candidate