Job Title Aged & Disability Support
Category Social and Community Service Managers
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of nearly 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey
As Australia’s first member owned Wellbeing Company, we are dedicated to helping people thrive. We put our people first, customers, clients, partners, and communities.
Our aged care services deliver in-home support services to aging clients to help them live independently, supported, and empowered, within their own homes and communities.
In these unprecedented times, we must do what we do best: We connect. We Respect. We make it possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE IN AGED CARE:
Your new role, as Home Care Worker – Aged Care, will offer a Permanent Part Time contract located in Tumbarumba, Riverina region NSW.
What does your new role look like?
- Providing support to clients with domestic assistance duties such as cleaning, laundry, and meal preparation
- Aiding with transportation for your clients to appointments and for shopping and leisure outings
- Building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with clients and their families
- Adhering to health and safety guidelines and policies to keep yourself and our clients safe
- Previous experience working within a customer centric role and organisation
- Previous Aged Care, Community and/or Health Care experience would be highly regarded but is not mandatory
- Flexibility to work rosters between Monday to Friday
- Basic knowledge in using computers, emails, and Smart phone
- A current Australian Driver’s License and access to a reliable, third party insured vehicle
WHY JOIN US:
- Yearly Paid Community and Well-Being leave days
- Competitive Remuneration
- Flex-Up – work additional hours as available and required
- Attractive kilometre travel allowance
- Stable hours and roster plus leave entitlements
- Supported learning and development program
WHAT MAKES US, US?
- We’re all about lifelong learning
- We’re all about supporting your wellbeing
- We take care of our people, they take care of our customers
- We’re all about making a bigger difference together
A career within our sector can provide an exciting pathway for people seeking a new rewarding career into Aged Care.
We are here to make a difference every day, small things, big things and everything in between. We encourage you to join our team in this meaningful journey and make a difference in your local community.
At Australian Unity the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and our customers is our highest priority. In recognition that COVID-19 is affecting the way we work and creating new and sometimes challenging issues for our people, we have special leave arrangements in place and strengthened measures to support employee mental health and wellbeing. All successful persons will be required to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination dose 1 within a week of commencing employment & fully vaccinated by end of Dec’21 .Our Talent Acquisition team will help guide you through this requirement, we thank you for your understanding and support during these unprecedented times.
If you want to join a team which makes a real difference within an essential service, apply today!
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click https://www.australianunity.com.au/about-us/reconciliation-action-plan